Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 August 2012
Great book, easy to read and understand, step by step instructions, all the info you need to successfully make a 3d printer or even a cnc machine. A++++++++++
on 26 June 2014
Bought this book, which explains in good detail how to build a 3d printer that also works as a mini cnc router and it does this well. Unfortunately the electronics have changed completely, the promised updates don't exist on the website and you will be buying a whole heap of frustration. The printer I have built cost considerably more than the kits that are on the market, prints a weak spiders web and has taken over a year of parts going back and forth to the USA with consequent duty charges all adding to the cost. I occasionally get answers to my emails to the author requesting help (which having spent £500 on parts from his company it seems reasonable to me that they would provide support) but these are no longer replied to. My guess is that they have given up on this project as there are too many problems and not enough profit.
My advice would be to leave it a little longer and buy a kit when the technology is more mature.
on 13 March 2014
A good book to start you off on your 3d printing, this book goes in to a lot of detail and has photos as well, if you are a bit of a geek in a good way of course this book is for you
on 21 April 2012
Disapointing for my requirements. Long descriptions on how to build a reprap of a different design to the kit that I bought. What I was looking for was a book on the techniques for getting the best results out of my printer once it is built.