Format: Audio CDChange

on 21 July 2011
I bought this after watching 'Miranda' the Tv Series even though the Audiobook came first. I was worried that after seeing Miranda as a sitcom on the TV, it just wouldn't be the same. After all the TV series is just brilliant with all the Miranda looks to the camera, the falling over etc etc. I was definitely not disappointed. It's equally as brilliant, and a little bit extra special as listening to it allows you to use your imagination anyway.

I've always championed the spoken word and I am always listening to it on long journeys, short journeys and generally at home. It's really funny and although not all the characters are on the audiobook, it's very entertaining and Patricia Hodge is on it and she's just brilliant!

This was meant to be a shorty so I'll leave it at that. Very funny, well written and sounds like a play (i.e not just spoken word but with sound effects etc). JUST BRILL.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 14 December 2012
I love this cd; I really really hope that more of the series (I presume there were more radio shows?) are released on cd, especially for us a long way from the UK who never get to hear great shows like this on the radio. I was thrilled to find Miranda Hart, and have enjoyed her book, her tv show and now her radio show on this audio cd.

Many of the setups are translated from the radio show to the tv series, but become more visual on the way (for obvious reasons). But the radio show humour is spot on - funny, witty, a little bit rude, but just good-natured jolly good fun. Her co-stars are great, and fit in with the roles perfectly; Miranda's awkward social life is portrayed beautifully in these four episodes, which focus largely on her mother's attempts to marry her off, Stevie's attempts to make a successful business out of the joke shop, and Miranda's attempts to fascinate Gary. Along with these, we meet Miranda's high school chums, and the wonderfully acerbic Clive.

A word of warning: be careful if you listen to these cds in the car, as I did, as I had to pull over a few times because I was crying from laughing so much.

Totally, utterly, enjoyment on a cd - a treasure. Please please please give us some more!
on 21 January 2010
Fantastic. One of the best Audio CD's I have got. I have listened to it in the car, in the house and on my ipod. Very funny. Just hope there are more to follow.
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2009
Miranda Hart doesn't get the recognition she deserves - she is a very funny woman, and this series is hilarious, well-written and full of laughs. Give it a try!
11 comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2011
I ordered this to keep me company on a long train journey - and boy did it do the trick - I was giggling like a school girl!

There is a bit of cross-over with material that you may have seen in her TV show Miranda: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] [2009]Miranda - Series 2 - Complete [DVD] [2010] - but it feels fresh and different.

The problem? Now I want more!
on 19 September 2010
Anyone who has found themselves, what I call, quoting Miranda or wishing they had a studio audience to share side glances with, will love this product. It shares a lot of similarities with the first tv series but there is still plenty of new comedy gems to be found in here. Brilliant, clean fun.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2011
Brought as a present for my best friend, and I ended up keeping it instead. Be warned do not do what I did which was to burn it to my IPod, as you may end up getting weird looks from people on the bus like myself when you Laugh very much out loud.
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2011
Miranda is a national treasure in the making. This series is the one that really set her on the road to the success she is now enjoying.

There is a wonderful gaucheness to her comedy - just the right amount of uncomfortable-ness. It never fails to make me laugh out loud.

In a few years time, she will have really established herself in the hearts of the British public - and this series may have been forgotten.

Get it now - you won't regret it. It is, what I call, a triumph.

Such fun!
on 19 April 2012
Brought this for the car as we have all the miranda shows on dvd.Even though you cant see the visuals ,prat falls, glances to the camera etc, you know their there and you still smile.Makes any long journey a pleasure.Result. Buy and enjoy.
on 6 January 2012
I got this because I just cannot find the time to read at home. I really like this audio CD as it gives me a good laugh on my way back from the office in the evening. Miranda is as funny as in the TV show, and all the other charaters are there too - her mum, friend from the shop and handsome man from the restaurant. Use without moderation :)