Format: PaperbackChange

I got this for my 15 Yo son who is studying the book.

I've used York Notes before and they are a decent aid to help your son or daughter get better grades.

It's not a magic wand- they still have to put the work in BUT and this is a big But the guide really is a great help in getting them focused and a reassuring crutch that they are on the right track.
The fact that this was recommended to us by my son's English Teacher is extra evidence that the book has reall value in aiding the understanding of the book and all it's nuances.

There are sample essays and ideas on the themes of the book.

Put simply if you read the book well and understand you will gain better grades so this is a decent purchase in your child's education.

Cheap at 5 times the price.
on 28 May 2014
This book contains everything for every character in a few pages. It allows students (like myself) to be able to broaden their understanding of the book enabling for more effective answers in essay questions on this book as well as chapter summaries. colourful pictures and text add a more modern theme to the book.
Search in this book if your searching for an A*!
on 10 July 2015
I purchased this book in order to help me revise for my English literature GCSE examinations and if I I'm quite honest I don't think I would of been able to get through the revision without the use of this book. This book is everything you need if studying Heroes as it holds information on every topic, settings, scenes, characters and most importantly it has quotes from all significant characters within the novel. I haven't received my results back from this particular examination yet however if I get what I aimed for, I will be truly thanking this book for helping me get through it!
on 18 February 2014
I particularly like the York Notes series because of the colour illustrations they contain. These are great for helping pupils in school to visualise the characters in a text. They are generally well set out, not too cluttered, and very user friendly. They give an excellent synopsis of the story plus character descriptions, explanation of themes etc. Definitely a godsend when you need to get to know and understand a text for examination quickly.
on 30 March 2015
Very good study guide for the book "Heroes". York notes are always dependable and I recommend them for students - they give you relevant and perceptive ideas that can lead to a fuller understanding of the text. Appealing layout too.
on 30 June 2014
really helped me revise and helped me with useful tips to learn about characters, quotations are easy to learn too! would recommend this to anyone who are studying "Heroes" helped me so much, just fingers crossed on results day!
on 15 April 2013
This text book contains everything that you need for your GCSE. It contains storylines, character profiles and a breakdown of the novel chapter by chapter. Good value for money if studying the novel!
on 27 April 2014
Again this book is very useful for anyone studying English GCSE. IT was very easy to rad and follw.Usefull tips for the exam. Nothing to dislike about the book, highly recommended.
on 6 January 2013
This revision guide is the most helpful book i have found for revising heroes. it helped myy son get an A in his literature exam and i would recommend it to ayone who needs it!!!
on 16 October 2014
Astounded. My daughter discovered grammatical errors in this book. This ENGLISH Literature book. York Notes, take note.... Apart from that the guide was fine, but really.