Format: PaperbackChange

I bought this book with the intention of understanding a bit more about Minecraft as my 9 year old is obsessed and speaks of little else. From that respect the book is great as it's very clear with lots of screenshots and a step by step guide to getting started.

My son swiped it soon after it arrived in the house though as has taken it to bed with him every night since. He is a reluctant reader and its difficult to get him to read anything but he has read this from cover to cover and has it with him when he is playing so he can look things up that he doesn't understand. He discovered how to do things like build beacons and how to use potions ( or something like that!).

We have recommended it to all the Minecraft fans we know. It's particularly great for younger players as I suspect older players can get what info they need from forums and such but my son does not yet know how to the navigate the web that well and I am happy to delay that for as long as possible.
11 comment60 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2013
This book really helped me with minecraft and I would recommend it massively!!!
Best minecraft book there is that I know of!!!
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2013
This is s very thorough introduction that both my 10 year old and 8 year old can easily follow and benefit from. It is an invaluable starting point for them.
on 15 August 2013
I'm very experienced at minecraft and I still got lots of new tips on how to do lots more things in minecraft I would recommend this book to all minecraft players
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2013
I choose this for my niece and son who are huge minecraft fans. Whilst I don't understand this minecraft phenomenon I am confident they will learn loads from this brilliant book. Just scanning through this book it looks informative, educational and fun. I'm really pleased with it.
on 26 April 2013
The book is really good! Each page is in detailed writing and is full of colour! This is an ideal book for the starters in minecraft to the complex players, This book doesnt just tell you about the game but about how you can buy it, using Mojang Etc.. I love it, Would certainly recommend to a friend!
on 22 May 2014
My son loves this book (he is nearly 10 years old). He has several other books on mineceaft, but this one is much better, he says and the most useful one. He read it all through and is now using it as a reference. Good buy.
on 7 November 2013
nice size (A5) and full of useful info. only gripe is the bonus chapter and recipe chapter aren't in the book, they're printable from the dummies website. just google it.
otherwise good buy, and price.
on 15 October 2013
I bought this book for a friend's son's 9th birthday, on her recommendation. I'm told he absolutely loves it and doesn't put it down. My son looked through it when it arrived here, and he thought it was great, and asked for it as a stocking-filler. Obviously a hit with 8/9 year old Minecraft fans. Excellent price at £5.
on 29 June 2013
Brought for my mine craft mad son and he has not put it down :-) very happy and has given him lots of tips.