on 18 January 2011
This was one of a series of these books I bought to prepare my son for the entrance exams for secondary schools. We didn't have a tutor but thought he should do some practice papers. These were easily accesible - 10 minute tests that got him into the habit of doing English tests and didn't eat too much into the little free time he has.
on 11 April 2010
Very good starting point for the necesary work related to KS2 and preparation of the admission in the grammar and public schools, very good system to track record and pertinent excersises
on 15 July 2009
According to my daughter verbal reasoning is the "new" English, and these tests are harder than the questions for the 11 plus.
on 8 April 2013
What can I say - these are a must for your child if you're doing the eleven plus. Wonderfully laid out, easy to mark.
on 2 December 2012
I really like this book, my son gets homework from school and his tutor, and does lots of sport, so in between other activities we find 10 minutes easy to fit in.
A full practice paper seems like a chore, but he actually enjoys these 10 minute bites.
on 9 June 2014
My daughter will sit the dreaded 11+ in September and I have been buying test papers from that exam board. Her school has recommend these Bond papers as well. I must admit I am surprised and a bit worried at how hard some of the questions are. Split infinitives of verbs and proverbs (that my daughter has never heard of) tripped her up on test one which is a little demoralising. I think these papers will be useful to identify any weak areas and I am hoping that they are harder than the actual 11+.
on 14 October 2014
Highly recommended these bond books in all subjects, especially in preparation for the grammar school entrance exams for juniors. They have the answers in the centre for teacher/ parent. And a score chart on the back page . I think they also have a helpful web-sight too. They come in age groups too.
on 28 July 2014
Good for practise. I feel that there can be a few different answers to many of these questions. So I would advise caution when marking answers and scoring each test.
on 8 October 2015
Perfect if your kids are coming up to SATs, we did a couple of ten minute tests every day and a few more at weekends, really helped my kids. Recommended
on 1 April 2014
I bought all of the Bond 10 Minute Tests for my son so he can get used to the 11+ test questions. Good price, book arrived quickly.