on 30 March 2013
Excellent for student nurses who need to learn about Anatomy, this book is set out in an easy to read and navigate format and you even have online access.
on 17 September 2010
I am currently a nursing student and was in need of an informative but clear anatomy book. This anatomy and physiology book is absolutely excellent. It's not to wordy but gets the point across using diagrams and shortish explanations which suits my style of learning.
Highly recommend this book to nursing or medical students.
on 10 February 2012
This is a great book for those studying A&P. It is a 'next step up' from A level going into much more detail of body systems etc. Having said that, it's not as in depth as other works like 'Tortora and Derrickson', but if you're training as a student paramedic or nurse it covers a lot of what you need to know. It is, perhaps more accessable than other A&P books and will get you up to speed ready to delve into more indepth A&P works.

BEWARE! I wanted this A&P book for my kindle so I could carry it around with me on placement and dip into it during those times when you can fit in a bit of study. When I originally went to the amazon store to look for this book the page showing the kindle version of Ross and Wilson included the following information...

*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the
printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks
Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook).

Maybe its me, but this text makes it sound like you can pay the extra and get a printed copy of the book plus a kindle compatible version ebook. IT DOES NOT.You get the printed copy and the downloadable ebook but the ebook is NOT compatible with kindle. If you want the kindle compatible version read the ad carefully and make sure you are getting what you want. Don't make the mistake of paying more to get the printed copy as well only to find the ebook is a different version from the kindle one. (Rant over)

That said, Ross & wilson is a great book - buy it and enjoy!
11 comment17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2011
I am currently studying an Access to Health studies course, and this was a suggested book from my biology tutor.
What can i say it is great, an easy format to follow and understand. Great digrams to ease your understanding, and i hope this will take me through to uni.
on 5 July 2014
A wonderfully illustrated book on the basics of anatomy and physiology. The book will give you enough understanding of the basic principles and key parts of the subject matter. It does fall short in that it is extremely limited to the level of detail. This means you're wanting for more, and if you are anything like me that goes right to the end. Here's an example. Lungs = Bronchus, Bronchiole, Alveolar. I want it to go on further and describe the processes AFTER. But hey, medical books are expensive and for a good reason. Therefore I'm marking this book a generous four star because it thoroughly deserves it regarding value for money.
on 19 June 2010
If you are a student nurse, as I am, then this is an ideal book to give you an introduction to anatomy and physiology which you will likely need in the first year. This book continues the study of pathology on the body too, so overall it is a good long term investment that I anticipate referring to for years to come . It is money well spent if you are watching your pennies.

There are some amazing photos in too and the book is linked in with the website where you can have a bit more interactive learning.
on 23 January 2013
Book came before estimated delivery and in brand new condition- not for me but for my daughter so cannot rate but she says it covers her Access to medical science course well.
on 6 January 2012
Throughout my first year of uni, this book has been my most used. It is easy to read, and contains just the right level of information for a sound, but basic, understanding of the human body and what can go wrong.

Its bright and colourful which, if you're having a less motivated revision day (which happens to us all), makes it very easy to read. It is full of diagrams and images to back up the text and enhance knowledge further. The index is good, and the book well structured. Each section describes the A&P and at the end of each chapter illnesses affecting that system are covered which I have found a valuable source of knowledge. Aswell as being useful for A&P modules, I have also used it to enhance knowledge of conditions encountered on placement.

The only possible negative is that the book doesn't go into enough detail to be of use on its own for essay exam questions, and I have found that I needed to supplement it with a more detailed textbook. But this is one book definitely worth investing in, especially if you need refreshing on your human biology or prefer something a bit lighter to read. I wouldn't be without it now, and I'm sure that it will serve me as well in my third year as it did in my first.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2013
I needed this book for a module of a diploma course. The use of colour helps in presenting a subject for which I have otherwise no particular interest.
on 9 November 2012
If you want to save some money buy the 10th edition which contains exactly the same content word for word as the 11th edition. There is not much difference and the majority of topics contain even the same diagrams. I wouldn't recommend this book if you want more in depth information because this only touches up on the basic concepts and ideas.