Format: PaperbackChange

on 4 September 2015
This book is available free on line as a pdf on www.gov.uk: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/222621/dg_191955.pdf
11 comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2011
This helped me practice for my theory! I do have a copy of the highway code but didn't learn a great deal out of it about traffic signs which is why I purchased this! Very informative and easy to learn with it. I'm glad I purchased it.
on 19 September 2013
This fab little traffic signs book is extremely helpful for anyone wanting to study for their theory test. It has every sign and explanation you could need! Very happy with the purchase and a bargain too! and can easily pop into a bag due to it's size ;)
on 13 October 2010
Came within a week, in good condition, which was useful because I had my theory in the next 2 weeks, and it must have been a good book because I passed!!! Good buy, and useful. It's worth keeping for the future as well.
VINE VOICEon 15 April 2010
I bought this for my daughter when she was studying for her theory test. It does a job but she found that the interactive DVDs were much more useful for her. If you are comfortable using a computer to study then I would recommend a computer based learning tool rather than a book.
Even so, it feels like a bookshelf should always have this as a reference book to resolve the occasional discussion about what a particular sign actually means.......
(By the way she passed her theory test!)
on 20 May 2012
This booklet is the most comprehensive I have come across for al the road signs in the U.K. and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of taking their driving theory and practical test
on 5 December 2013
This book may just pay for it's self, after 50yrs on the road you might just think you no it all but things change and you might just learn something you did'nt no.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 April 2009
Alright, it isn't the most exciting subject to read about, but this book does a good job of making the explanations and examples clear and concise.
You buy this because you need to know about the country's traffic signs and it does precisely that.
It shows examples and explains all of the various formats of signs for motor vehicle drivers, tram drivers, pedestrians and even horse-riders (how many of you knew that there are Equestrian Crossings?).
It shows far more than the signs detailed in the Highway Code and also explains them a good deal better too.
I used it as part of my Advanced Driving training and still refer to it now and again for the precise definitions and useage of traffic signs.
on 8 January 2014
I bought the kindle version. The sign images are way too small. It completely defeats the purpose. Completely idiotic. Don't buy it.
on 2 December 2013
This would help you in signs and marks, there is no general rules or question. It is okay and will develop your knowledge .