It plays almost everything, except my Adobe Premier edited home Videos - AVI format.
Plays MTS files well (notoriously demanding) as well as 1080p MKV, MP4s etc.
However the remote is poor. It is tiny, powered by a sub-standard CR2025 button cell (replace this ASAP).
unforgivably it has dark blue writing on black! Unless you have night vision, you need a torch to read the writing on the remote.
Who designs this stuff?
Sumvision's support is non existent and don't expect regular firmware updates.
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
A reasonably good scanner, the negs and transparencies scans are mediocre and slow.
Software could do with an update.
Always defaults to the My Pictures folder even when scanning PDFs ... annoying and time consuming.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
The good things are:
The bad things are:
1) Does not play any of my Adobe Premiere edited AVI files which means I cannot watch my home movies
2) Plays my AVCHD (MTS) files in random order and I cannot find a way of sorting it.
3) Does not support play lists, which makes it useless for playing music
4) Does not like most of my external drives, when I try and access the files the unit just reboots itself!
5) The Sumvision support website is useless
6) There are no firmware updates
Can anyone recommend a better unit?