Got one of these the other week.
Seems pretty good so far.
To make it region-free for DVD (no code for region free blu-ray yet) do this:
1) power off then power on again, wait until it gets to the start-up selection screen.
2) eject disc tray and then close disc tray without a disc in.
3) wait until 'no disc' message has stopped displaying.
4) use the remote and press REPEAT 57538
5) A '2' should appear in the top left corner.
6) Press 9 to make the player region free.
7) Power off and and powe on again, and try a foreign disc.
Just tried on mine, AFTER applying latest firmware update, and it works.
Note though that this sequence… Read more