I bought this because I needed more USB ports on my laptop, and thought I'd invest in something more future proof. As it was still within the price range of most of the USB 2.0 hubs, I was a little worried about the quality, but took the gamble and it was well worth it! It's a really nice piece of kit, and I've used it almost everyday since purchase.
Much higher speeds than USB 2.0!
Excellent build quality - It's fairly light, but feels solid and the cable is nice and thick.
Blue light when it's plugged in - I've never been a fan of needless lights on stuff, but it's good to know when it's plugged in (and it's not that bright if you work in… Read more
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Completely useless on Windows 8. Avoid.
, 15 Sep 2013
I've tried every driver the internet has to offer on this one, and even disabled signed driver enforcement to attempt the use of a Win 7 driver, but nothing. This adapter continuously drops out, causing freezes, bluescreens etc. Avoid.
The mouse has seem fairly regular use, but very little gaming, and it's now completely stopped working, no longer recognised by any of my computers. Until now (14 months or so), it's worked flawlessly so I'm sad to see it go.
- Nice feel in my hand (but this is subjective)
- Quality appearance and reasonable weight.
- Sensitive and responsive laser, with a perfectly usable DPI button to change the speed.
- The build quality and longevity from experience doesn't seem to be very good (I expected more from Gigabyte!)
- Has lots of little lines and spaces where dirt can build up that's sometimes hard to remove.
- The… Read more