4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
I like fighting game guides, when I am not fighting I like to consider movesets and strategies. If a particular character is difficult I consider defence options with book in hand.
First impressions of this guide are wonderful. A solid hardback with a quality dustcover, a neat print inside (that can double as a bookmark). The book is well organised and indexed so looking up any character is straightforward and quick. The last pages of the book are devoted to some excellent artwork and sketches and a bonus chapter of the comic book - all looking great on good quality paper.
The movesets and combo info that follows is not comprehensive; it is more a selection of chosen… Read more
4 of 6 people found the following review helpful
My biggest worry about Injustice GAU prior to actually playing it was that Netherealm would simply take the DC licence and re-skin MK9 - not that MK9 was a bad game (in fact it was a great game), but I wanted the DC characters to actually benefit from being in a fighting game and not the other way around and for this you would really need to build the fighting engine around the characters from the ground up.
When you first play the game this is exactly the experience you have - it feels fresh, fun and the characters fit perfectly around new game mechanics that have effectively (a modified MK9 engine) been made to measure for them. The story of how they came to be fighting each… Read more
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
The game itself is great, it has been around a while and there are plenty of reviews so I will try to focus on the specifics of this version.
- It looks very good
- It plays really well 99% of the time
- Touch Screen is implimented in a useful unobstrusive way
- There are plenty of extra modes - chapter speed runs, AI Team Missions, individual chapter challenges - each with stats and scores that are well suited to quick bursts of play.
- There are occasional framerate issues - it happens hardly at all, but is a tad annoying when it occurs.
- No Online other than scoreboards - the tag missions lend… Read more