Just a quick update for anyone considering buying one now. I would ignore early reviews as software updates have made them redundant. The latest software is v121R (only available via internet at time of writing as its new).
1. It has never missed a recording.
2. No harder to use than when you first got your Sky+ (remember?)
3. The remote is fine (although I use "Logitech Harmony 600" for controlling everything).
4. Sling works very well.
5. It will only get better as Echostar release future updates.
6. Unusual design, but looks fine under my TV. (lights can now be dimmed and it can be made silent in standby)
7. Read the manual as most… Read more