6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
I've JUST taken delivery of this knife.
I took it out of the packaging to see if the spine of the knife could be used against flint (yes, it throws off some HUGE sparks).
Of course, when metal gets hot, it changes colour - this can be wiped off. I was wiping of this discolouration from the spine of the knife when my thumb slipped and the blade went straight through my skin and hit bone.
The reason I write review this while applying a solid compress and arm raised above my head (while considering using a tourniquet) is to highlight how sharp this knife really is.
When I cut my thumb, absolutely no pain. Glided through with no effort.
There's probably… Read more
I've had these for a couple of weeks - tried the green one just to make sure the luminosity was half decent. It was.
They last for a hell of a long time although I do question the manufacturers/sellers claims that they last 12 hours.
I inferred from this that they would retain their brightness for a full (or thereabouts) 12 hours which isn't the case. Probably closer to 7-8 hours in my experience.
They come in a box and individually wrapped in a foil inner-packaging so it's really handy to chuck and leave in a bag for future use.
The piece of plastic "string" helps hang it up in a tent/hammock or as I used it for, tying to my bergen's shoulder… Read more
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
There's other reviews on here that hit the nail on the head.
I'm just going to add my experience with them.
I bought these in anticipation of going for a long weekend camping so I could carry little water.
The thing I noticed was how much the treated water tasted of chlorine; in the kind of situations these should be used in, that's neither here nor there.
It's also worth noting that it's best to place the tablet in 2 litres of untreated water (as instructed) leave the lid of the bottle loose and give it a shake for 2-3 minutes prior to letting stand for 30 minutes that helped a little with the taste.
Also, I made the mistake of filling… Read more