This is a 12 page booklet containing advice on how to go about researching the history of Shoreham-by-Sea (lots of book refs and listings of directories, deeds and records), and also includes some basic information about the history of Shoreham. The booklet answers 12 questions:
1. How did Shoreham develop?
2. What has already been published on Shoreham?
3. My ancestors lived in Shoreham, how can I find out about them?
4. My house is in Shoreham, how can I find out about it?
5. How can I find out about the history of the Churches?
6. What archaeological information is available?
7. What maps, pictures and photographs may be seen?
8. What schools and… Read more