2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Firstly, this is high-quality product, with a lovely feel to the track ball, and enough weight to ensure that it won't slip around during use.
However, I must confess that I'm not convinced that it is superior to a regular mouse. I usually have my standard mouse set on a pretty high sensitivity setting, hence, I can pretty much move from one side of the screen to the other without moving my wrist much at all.
The trackball is perhaps superior when moving from side to side, but up-down movements take longer in my opinion, particularly given that this model doesn't have a mouse wheel - I really wish that I'd purchased a model with one, as not being about to scroll up and… Read more
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful
I'd heard great things about this lens, and having used the Tokina 11-16mm before, in addition to a Rokinon 8mm fisheye, I was interested to see how this lens would measure up.
Unfortunately I've not been too impressed for the following reasons:
1) Distortion is poorly controlled, particularly at the wider end. I'd go as far as to say that the Rokinon performs better at 8mm than the Canon does at 10mm - then again, the Rokinon is a prime.
2) Chromatic aberration is on the verge of being unacceptable.
3) Resolution - absolutely awful towards the edges, and not particularly impressive in the center (and I don't mean the extreme edges - we're talking… Read more
What's great about this book:
- You'll learn how to squeeze every last drop of functionality out of Lightroom 4, and it won't take you months to do it. Once you've finished you may question whether you'll every need Photoshop again (and that's coming from somebody who has used Photoshop for years).
- The entire book is in colour, with helpful screen shots next to most steps in the tutorials
- Everything is well organised, with section titles and tabs at the top of each page helping to make it clear what there is to learn and where to find it
- Pages which list helpful hints and tips which make your interaction with Lightroom all the more… Read more