‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

New books not downloading onto kindle paperwhite

1 reply Sort by

By Mrs. Susan Budden, 17-Aug-2014 11:28 BST Permalink Report abuse

My purchased books are not being downloaded onto my new kindle paper white. They are being downloaded onto my iPad instead. I noticed that the Manage my Kindle site has the wrong serial number for my kindle - it is showing the serial number for my old kindle. How can I change the serial number?

Thank you.

By Damaskcat, 17-Aug-2014 11:53 BST Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Mrs. Susan Budden

17-Aug-2014 11:28 BST

My purchased books are not being downloaded onto my new kindle paper white. They are being downloaded onto my iPad instead. I noticed that the Manage my Kindle site has the wrong serial number for my kindle - it is showing the serial number for my old kindle. How can I change the serial number?

It sounds as though you may not have registered the Paperwhite to the right Amazon account. You won't be able to alter a serial number on your account - the only way is to register your Paperwhite to the account and then it will show on your account. You will need to de-register the Paperwhite from the account it is on at present and then register to the correct one using the log on details for that account.

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.co.uk site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.co.uk, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 1
Initial question 17-Aug-2014 11:28 BST
Latest reply 17-Aug-2014 11:53 BST
Please try again.