‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

Unable to register new Paperwhite

1 reply Sort by

By Customer, 29-Jun-2014 17:20 BST Permalink Report abuse

I have purchased a new Kindle Paperwhite for my wife's birthday but cannot register it in order to buy books.
I have used the option "If you already have an Amazon accoount" by trying to access the well used account in my name. I have also tried to set up a new account for my wife - to no avail. I have set up an account for her online via my PC but the Kindle refuses to acknowledge it.
Whatever I do, I keep getting an "Internal-Error" message on the Kindle.
Do I have a faulty Paperwhite?

Thank you.

By Bob, 29-Jun-2014 17:27 BST Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Customer

29-Jun-2014 17:20 BST

I have purchased a new Kindle Paperwhite for my wife's birthday but cannot register it in order to buy books.
I have used the option "If you already have an Amazon accoount" by trying to access the well used account in my name. I have also tried to set up a new account for my wife - to no avail. I have set up an account for her online via my PC but the Kindle refuses to acknowledge it.
Whatever I do, I keep getting an "Internal-Error" message on the Kindle.
Do I have a faulty Paperwhite?

If you purchased it from Amazon unless you said it was a gift then it will come preregistered to your existing account. I would contact the seller. There are quite a few dodgy ones on ebay etc where they have been lost/stolen and blocked by Amazon I think this gives an internal error.
If you want to contact Amazon use the "Contact Us" button on this page.

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.co.uk site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.co.uk, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 1
Initial question 29-Jun-2014 17:20 BST
Latest reply 29-Jun-2014 17:27 BST
Please try again.