‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

my kindle paperwhite cloud

2 replies Sort by

By Kathy, 04-Apr-2014 19:53 BST Permalink Report abuse

I was given this kindle 15months ago and have about 60 books on the device but only 11 on the cloud. Ithought that everything was in the cloud always. I buy my books with giftcards and they seem to download straight to the device. How do I manage the cloud?

Thank you.

By LegoGirl, 05-Apr-2014 02:41 BST Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Kathy

04-Apr-2014 19:53 BST

I was given this kindle 15months ago and have about 60 books on the device but only 11 on the cloud. Ithought that everything was in the cloud always. I buy my books with giftcards and they seem to download straight to the device. How do I manage the cloud?

Content is linked to the account it was purchased from. Your Cloud is showing all the content purchased from the account your Kindle is currently registered to.

If the previous owner of the Kindle gave it to you with their books still loaded on the device, then strictly speaking that is not allowed (books are licensed to the purchaser and non transferable). Those books would not be in the Cloud because you don't own the license to read them.

Click the link to the right for MANAGE YOUR KINDLE and you can see all the purchased content on your account. If more books show there than on your Cloud, you might try rebooting the device to see if that corrects the problem.
-------------->

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Kathy, 06-Apr-2014 17:16 BST Permalink Report abuse

In reply to LegoGirl

05-Apr-2014 02:41 BST

Content is linked to the account it was purchased from. Your Cloud is showing all the content purchased from the account your Kindle is currently registered to.

If the previous owner of the Kindle gave it to you with their books still loaded on the device, then strictly speaking that is not allowed (books are licensed to the purchaser and non transferable). Those books would not be in the Cloud because you don't own the license to read them.

Click the link to the right for MANAGE YOUR KINDLE and you can see all the purchased content on your account. If more books show there than on your Cloud, you might try rebooting the device to see if that corrects the problem.
-------------->

Thanks for that. It has solved my quandary.

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.co.uk site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.co.uk, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 2
Initial question 04-Apr-2014 19:53 BST
Latest reply 06-Apr-2014 17:16 BST
Please try again.