Creating VariationsThe Create a Product Detail page offers Pro Merchants the option to create variations of products in certain categories. For more information about how to add a product, see the Create a Product Detail topic. You may also want to review the Relationships Overview topic, which explains the relationship types and when to use variation relationships in detail.
Before you create a product variation listing, check whether this variation of the product is already in Amazon’s catalogue. If the variation exists and corresponds to the item you want to list, you can click Sell yours instead of creating a variation. If the variation does not exist, follow the procedure below to create a variation using the Create a Product Detail page. You can also view existing child ASIN(s) for parent ASINs in the Amazon catalogue on the Add a Product page in your seller account.
Create a variation:
- On your seller account page, under Manage Your Inventory, click Create a product detail page.
- On the Add a product page, click Create a new product.
- On the Create a new product: Classify page, select the category of the product you want to sell. Click Select.
- On the Identify page, fill in the required fields marked with an asterisk (*), and then tick the “I have variations of this product” check box.
Note: When you tick the variations check box, the Variations tab appears.
- On the Variations tab, add variations (for example, colour and size) of the product you want to sell. Click Add another to add more than one option for the variation. To delete a variation, click the (X) to the right of the option you want to delete.
Note: Even if you are not ready to sell certain variation combinations, you should add all the possible variations now. This will make it easier to manage the displayed products and quantity available to sell.
- When you have finished adding possible variations, click Add variations.
- A Variations Matrix appears, allowing you to add more detail for each variation combination. A UPC/EAN code is required for each variation. Although not required, a Seller SKU will be automatically generated for you if you do not add one.
- On the Offer tab, enter offer information (for example, handling time and shipping method) for your product. This information will be copied automatically to each variation that you create. You can modify the offer information, as needed, for each variation.
- On the Offer tab, you can add images, a product description, keywords, and product attributes. This information will appear in all variations of the product you want to sell. You can edit product information at any time on the Manage Your Inventory page.
- When you have finished adding your product and its variations, click Save and finish.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk Seller account.