If possible, we'll combine multiple orders into the same delivery. This helps us reduce the number of parcels we need to send to you, and therefore we reduce packaging material used for your orders. This also means you receive fewer parcels, and you'll have less packaging material to recycle when you receive your orders.
We can combine multiple orders into the same delivery if the order meets all the following criteria:
- The orders are placed through the same customer account.
- The orders are being delivered to the same address.
- Orders being delivered to a EU address.
- Items from each order are located at the same Fulfilment Centre.
- The orders are dispatching at around the same time.
There are some cases when we won't be able to combine deliveries. For instance:
- Orders that can't be dispatched from the same Fulfilment Centre to meet your promised delivery date.
- Orders dispatching from different Fulfilment Centres.
- Orders being dispatched to different addresses.
- Orders marked as gifts.
- For example, if you place an order with expedited delivery for a video game console and another order for a DVD and we're able to combine them, here's how you'll be charged for delivery:
(£7.00) [Delivery Fee for first Order] + (£7.00) [Delivery Fee for second order] = £14.00 total in delivery charges.
If you place an order with First Class for a video game console and another order for a DVD and we're able to combine them, here's how you'll be charged for delivery:
(£1.50 + £0.50) [Per Delivery fee plus item charge for first order] + (£1.00 + £0.50) [Per Delivery fee plus item charge for second order] = £3.50 total in delivery charges.
Combining items from multiple orders into a single package won't change the amount of delivery you pay for each order. You'll be charged separate delivery charges for each of your orders. However, we'll never charge you more than the total amounts quoted at checkout for all orders.
Please refer to our Help page for more information on delivery charges.
If you place multiple 1-Click orders in a 30-minute window, we'll combine those orders. Please see here for more information.
Estimating the Number of Dispatches
The number of dispatches we make for your order is dependent upon:
Our fulfilment network: Amazon.co.uk has many Fulfilment Centres which often house different types of products. If you order dissimilar items (for example, a book, a computer, and a cordless drill) they may dispatch separately depending on where in our fulfilment network they happen to be located.
Items requiring special delivery and handling: items that require special delivery and handling (for example, items that are large and/or heavy) are marked on their Product Detail pages as such and will dispatch separately from other items in your order. In some cases, these items require an adult signature upon delivery.
You might receive more packages than we said you would receive when you placed your order. We may also combine items from multiple orders into a single package. Regardless, we'll never charge you more for delivery than the amount that was originally quoted to you at the time you placed the order.
Why you might see some of your orders being
combined before dispatch