How to Cancel Multiple Orders at the Same Time
If you have a Pro Merchant Subscription, you can upload textfile feeds to cancel multiple orders at the same time. There are five basic steps for cancelling multiple orders at once:
- Download and save the Order Cancellation template, a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. (You only do this step the first time.)
- Enter the information into the template.
- Save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited text file.
- Upload the text file to Amazon.co.uk.
- Confirm that the upload was successful.
1. Download and save the template
Download the Order Cancellation template. When prompted, save the template to your computer, either to your desktop or in a folder you can find easily later.
2. Enter your order cancellation information
- Open the Order Cancellation template you saved to your computer. The template is an Excel file titled Flat.File.OrderCancellation.
- Click the Data Definitions tab at the bottom of the Excel file to read important information about using the template, including formatting requirements. The OrderCancellation tab is the template itself.
- Enter the information into the template for each product in the order you are cancelling.
Excel formatting suggestions:
- Format your number columns to "text" to prevent Excel from removing leading zeros.
- Format the date columns as yyyy-mm-dd.
- Change cell width to display all of your data, or format cells to wrap text.
3. Save the spreadsheet as a text file
- First save your file as a regular Excel spreadsheet (.xls or .xlsx). You might want to use a naming convention such as Filename_Date, so you would know, for example, that an order cancellation file named OrderCancel_2009-09-12 was uploaded on 12th September, 2009.
- In your saved Excel file, if the OrderCancellation tab containing your data is not displayed, click that tab.
- On the File menu (or the Office Button menu), click Save As.
The "Save As" dialogue box appears.
- In the Save as type drop-down list, select Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt). Browse to where you want to save the file on your computer and click Save.
- You might see a warning that the selected file format (the tab-delimited file type) does not support workbooks containing multiple worksheets. This is fine so click OK.
- You might see a warning that your file contains features incompatible with the selected Text (Tab delimited) file format. This is also fine so click Yes.
4. Upload the text file
- Under "Manage Orders" on your main Seller Account page, click "Upload Order Related Files", and then click the Order Cancellation link.
The "Order Cancellation" page appears.
- Under Upload Your Order Cancellation File, click Browse.
The "Choose File" dialogue box appears.
- Browse to where you saved the tab-delimited text file on your computer, and double-click the file to select it.
The file path and file name appear in the Browse box.
- Click Upload Now.
The file is uploaded to Amazon.co.uk, and a message appears, confirming that your file was received.
5. Confirm that the upload was successful
- Check the Review File Status and History section of the "Order Cancellation" page to see the status of your upload. Click Refresh to see the latest status.
After the file is processed, "Status: Done" appears in the Status/Results column along with the number of errors, if any.
- If there are any errors, click the View Processing Report link to download the processing report. Use this report to diagnose and correct errors in the file you uploaded. When you have corrected and saved the file, upload it again and check for errors as before.
Note: If you know you cannot fulfil an order on time, be sure to cancel it right away so we can notify the customer. It is important to show this consideration to customers so they can decide whether to find the item elsewhere. Customers who receive prompt notice of an order cancellation are also less likely to leave negative feedback for your account.If you have a Pro Merchant Subscription, you can upload textfile feeds
to cancel multiple orders at the same time. There are five basic steps
for cancelling multiple orders at once.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk Seller account.