Marketplace Buyer FAQs
Amazon.co.uk is not directly involved in Marketplace transactions, but we do want to ensure a safe and smooth shopping environment for all customers. Have a look at these Marketplace FAQs for help with your question:
Where's my Marketplace order?
- Where's my Marketplace order?
- How do I get a refund?
- Why won't my seller dispatch to addresses outside the UK?
- How do I cancel a Marketplace purchase?
- How do I submit feedback?
- How do I find out more about members of the Amazon group that list items for sale on Marketplace?
- Your seller should dispatch the item to you within 1-2 working days of you placing your order. However, despite best efforts, neither Marketplace sellers nor Amazon.co.uk have any control over the postal system.
- If you think the item is late, contact your seller to ask them when they dispatched it (if you e-mail us to ask where your order is, we'll ask you to attempt to e-mail your seller in the first instance). How to contact your seller. Most issues can be resolved quickly by communicating directly with your seller.
- Marketplace sellers are expected to maintain a high standard of customer service and should reply to your e-mail promptly.
If the seller doesn't reply to your e-mails
Wait three working days after your first attempt to make contact, then e-mail us to let us know. To help you resolve the problem quickly, we need you to include your order number and details of when and how many times you've attempted to contact your seller.Back to top
How do I get a refund?
That depends on the reason for the refund:
Back to top
- If you've received an item different to that described, or clearly in worse condition than indicated, you must contact the seller and let them know exactly what the problem is. Amazon.co.uk cannot generate a refund for you--only your seller can do this (if you e-mail us to request a refund, we'll ask you to contact the seller). You must return the item directly to the seller--items returned to Amazon.co.uk will be returned to you.
- If your seller refuses to give you a refund despite your attempts to resolve the issue amicably, you may be eligible for protection under the A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee. You'll need to wait 30 days, but no longer than 90 days after the transaction if you want to submit a claim.
- If the seller doesn't reply to your e-mails, wait three working days, then e-mail us to let us know.
Why won't my seller dispatch to addresses outside the UK?
This could be for a number of reasons:
- Your country or the delivery country is outside these countries. If this is the case, you may be able to purchase the item directly from Amazon.co.uk.
- Both your country and the delivery country are covered, but the type of item you want to purchase is subject to delivery restrictions.
- If there are no official delivery restrictions, it's likely your seller has chosen not to deliver this item outside the UK. All sellers have the right to do this, for example if they do not wish to send large or bulky items via Airmail. If that's the case you can try another seller.
See International Delivery for more information.Back to top
How do I cancel a Marketplace purchase?
Back to top
- Some Marketplace sellers begin processing orders almost as soon as they are placed, so it's not possible to cancel or change a Marketplace order via our website.
- However, sellers can process refunds and may be able to make changes if they haven't yet dispatched your order, so please contact your seller if you want to change or cancel your order.
- Remember that Amazon.co.uk cannot cancel or change a Marketplace order on your behalf and we can't refund you for Marketplace purchases. If you e-mail us for these reasons, we'll ask you to contact your seller, by which time they may have already dispatched the item to you.
How do I submit feedback?
Back to top
- See our instructions for how to submit feedback.
- If you don't submit feedback on your seller, we'll eventually send you an automatic reminder that contains a direct link to the feedback page for your transaction. You may find it easier to wait for this reminder before you submit your feedback.
How do I find out more about members of the Amazon group that list items for sale on Marketplace?
Some members of the Amazon group list items for sale at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace. For information about Warehouse Deals purchases see Warehouse Deals seller information.Back to top