Marketplace Seller FAQs
Here's a list of answers to the most common seller questions:
How do I find the buyer's delivery address?
Sellers have multiple options available for managing orders and obtaining dispatch information for buyers:
- The Manage Your Orders section of your Amazon Seller Account
Locate individual orders to dispatch an item or refund your buyer.
- Order reports (available to Pro Merchant subscribers)
Receive order fulfilment information for multiple orders by running a single report.
When an item is sold, we will notify you via a "Sold, dispatch now" e-mail. However, since e-mail can be subject to delivery problems that occur outside of Amazon.co.uk's systems, we recommend that you also regularly check for new orders using one of the methods listed above.
I'm not receiving Sold--dispatch now! e-mails
- To find out how to keep track of your orders in the absence of these e-mails, see the instructions above.
- Sold--dispatch now! e-mails are sometimes prevented from getting to your inbox by spam filters used by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or e-mail program. Spam filters work by looking for key phrases and formats that tend to be characteristic of spam e-mails, but unfortunately sometimes find these characteristics in non-spam e-mails. We're constantly tweaking the Sold--dispatch now! e-mail to make it less likely to be identified as spam.
- Try consulting your e-mail program's help pages to find out how to change or remove the settings that filter or block e-mails (we cannot do this for you). It may also be worth contacting your Internet Service Provider or System Administrator to ask them why you're not receiving Amazon.co.uk e-mails.
How do I cancel a Marketplace listing?
- You won't incur any penalties for closing a Marketplace listing.
- Here's how to close a listing (you might find it easier to print out this page so you can follow the instructions):
- Go to Your Seller Account.
- Under Manage Your Inventory, click the open link next to Amazon.co.uk Marketplace to open the list of all the items you have listed on site.
- Next to the item you want to cancel, click Edit then close the listing.
Why isn't the money from my sale in my bank account yet?
You won't receive the money from your sale instantly, but you can hurry the process along yourself:
- Money paid by buyers of your items is automatically transferred to your bank account once every 14 days, starting 14 days after you register for an Amazon Seller Account. That enables you to maintain a Reserve against returns, customer claims and so on. So, for example, if money from your first transaction is paid 15 days after you register, or after the last time you were paid, the next automatic transfer won't happen for another 13 days.
- Fortunately, you can initiate a manual transfer of non-Reserve funds to your bank account up to once a day. Here's how (you might find it easier to print out this page so you can follow the instructions):
- Go to Your Seller Account.
- Under Get Paid click View your Amazon account and billing history.
- On the next page click View Your Amazon account summary. You may be asked to sign in.
- If there are outstanding funds available for transfer, you'll see a button that initiates a transfer of those funds to your bank account.
- You cannot initiate transfers during the first 14 days after the day you register for your Amazon Seller Account. You can only initiate one transfer of non-Reserve funds every 24 hours. It's not possible to request or configure more frequent transfers - you have to do them manually.
- Bank clearing times that are beyond our control mean it can take up to 6-10 working days to appear in your bank account.
How do I refund a buyer?
- You can refund a buyer via Your Seller Account. Here's how to refund a buyer.
- The A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee is intended to be used by buyers who, despite their best efforts, haven't been able to resolve refund issues directly with their seller. It should only be used as a last resort. Excessive use of the A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee against a specific seller may result in the suspension of their seller account.
Where can I find a list of the items I am prohibited from listing for sale on Amazon Marketplace?You must comply with the Participation Agreement, which sets out the items you are prohibited from selling, as well as other terms and conditions governing your access to the Amazon.co.uk Web Site for the purposes of selling your goods and services.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk Seller account.