Safe & Secure Online Transactions
Amazon.co.uk is concerned about security and makes every effort to ensure our transaction process is safe and that your personal information is secure.
The overwhelming majority of online transactions are completed safely and efficiently. However, there are some risks. Read the following advice to ensure your online shopping or selling experience is as safe and secure as possible.
Be wary if you are asked for any personal information
- Be wary if you are asked for any personal information
- Always pay via Amazon.co.uk Marketplace
- Protect Your Password. Make it difficult to guess
- Check your seller's feedback
- Communication with Marketplace Sellers
Back to top
- Amazon.co.uk will never e-mail or call you to ask you to disclose or verify your Amazon.co.uk password, credit card or bank account number. You should only give out this information directly on the Amazon.co.uk website or when you contact Amazon.co.uk directly.
- If you are contacted or receive an unsolicited e-mail which asks you to confirm or provide your Amazon password or personal or banking information, disregard the request and report the incident to Amazon.co.uk for investigation.
- If you're a seller, always cross-reference purchase confirmation e-mails with your transaction history in Your Seller Account before you dispatch an item. Click the "View your recent Marketplace orders" link in the Manage Your Orders section.
- If you receive a suspected fake Amazon.co.uk e-mail, discover a spoof Amazon.co.uk website, or if anything raises your suspicions, please report it to us, forwarding any suspicious e-mail including the full headers directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always pay via Amazon.co.uk Marketplace
- Amazon.co.uk Marketplace is safe, secure and guaranteed and provides buyers with a convenient method of payment. Amazon Marketplace is the only authorised and recognised form of payment for Marketplace purchases. Marketplace sellers may use only Amazon Marketplace to complete transactions.
- Regardless of circumstances, never pay for a Marketplace item using an alternative form of payment such as credit card, postal order, cheque, cash or Western Union transfer.
- Marketplace transactions paid for using alternative forms of payment are not eligible for protection under the Amazon.co.uk A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee.
Note: you should regard a seller that requests payment via any other method than Amazon Marketplace--especially if they request Western Union transfer--as fraudulent. Please report the incident to Amazon.co.uk.Back to top
Protect Your Password. Make it difficult to guess
Back to top
- Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, "PASSWORD" and "Password" are two different passwords.When choosing a password, remember the capitalisation you use.
- Passwords must be a minimum of six characters
- It's best to avoid passwords that are easy to guess such as "secret", "password" or "letmein". We also suggest that you avoid using your name, e-mail address or other personal information that easy to obtain.
- Though it's not a requirement, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password "rivers2!%" is a much stronger password than "rivers".
- If using a public computer (such as in a library or Internet cafe always log out when you've finished using Amazon.co.uk.
- Keep your passwords to yourself. Anyone who knows your password can access your account. Do not write down your passwords.
- Avoid using the same password for accounts on different websites.
- It is good security practice to change passwords regularly.
Check your seller's feedback
Back to top
- Always check a seller's feedback history prior to ordering an item from them. Feedback is the most important indicator of a seller's overall quality.
- Look for clues within a seller's feedback that indicate the following: Ability to fulfil and dispatch orders in a timely fashion; willingness to resolve transaction disputes; an indication that the quality of the products dispatched matches the description supplied by the seller.
- Click here to learn more about seller feedback.
Communication with Marketplace Sellers
Only communicate with a Marketplace seller using the Amazon
Communications Manager. All communication sent via this method is filtered for
spam and possible phishing attempts. More information on the Amazon
Communications Manager may be reviewed here.
Back to top