Customer Discussions > Steve Robinson forum

Error in the last queen of england.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Mar 2013 18:54:32 GMT
Captain cook was married and buried in st margarets church in barking essex not in shadwell

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 21:21:55 BDT
Hi Lisa-Marie. Sorry for the late response, but I've only just spotted this thread while I was writing in another. Thanks for pointing this out. I've checked my research notes and I'm sure I didn't mean to suggest that Captain Cook was buried at Shadwell, but that he was a parishioner there. Looking at what I've written though I can see how it's ambiguous.

"More than seventy sea captains have been buried in our churchyard over the years," he said. "One important parishioner I'm sure you've all heard of is Captain Cook."

I'm going to change it as follows to make it clear.

"More than seventy sea captains have been buried in our churchyard over the years," he said. "And although not buried here, one important parishioner I'm sure you've all heard of is Captain Cook."

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2013 22:59:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2013 23:00:36 BDT
MIDNIGHT says:
Steve I have really enjoyed all your books so far and I am looking forward to reading your new one.
About the slip up about Captain Cook, we all make mistakes can't be brilliant all the time - but you
are 99% of it. It just show your human.

Keep the good books coming.

Best wishes
Midnight

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 08:51:45 BDT
Thanks Midnight, it's very kind of you to say so. Book four is coming along nicely and I don't know if you've heard, but it's going to be published by Amazon Publishing under their Thomas & Mercer imprint next year. The date hasn't been finalised yet, but I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Steve Robinson forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  19 Mar 2013
Latest post:  25 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers