Posted on 6 Aug 2013 11:35:00 BDT
Pls - pretty pls?

Posted on 21 Aug 2013 14:03:39 BDT
yeah please when ?

Posted on 17 Sep 2013 12:09:34 BDT
Maybe Mr F does not look at this... ??

Posted on 25 Sep 2013 18:53:44 BDT
ADF says:
Sorry guys, the discussion board has had tumbleweed blowing through it for a year so I stopped looking.
The third one is out. Less technical descriptions of weapons, less espionage, less politics, more war fighting. As requested.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 19:07:53 BDT
Thanks..

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 19:13:33 BDT
ADF says:
You are welcome, mate.

Posted on 20 Nov 2013 15:50:18 GMT
Hi I am half way through the 3rd book, I heard that there will be a 4th one, is it possible to get a bit more information about it? Also from your Bio seems like you live in the the Philippines... Not a great time there at the moment so maybe you have currently more urgent priorities...

Finally I know you Brits don't rate our (Italian) Armed Forces much (ok I am being controversial...) but in such a large scale conflict I would have liked a bit more about what we were doing, even much smaller countries were mentioned more time than Italy. In the last 10 years we have been in the same dusty and hot places as UK, US etc. Anyway I am loving the books so please keep going.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2013 18:50:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2013 19:01:39 GMT
ADF says:
I live on Cebu and the north of the island looks nuked, but some of the smaller islands were deluged by walls of water every bit as deadly as tidal waves.
Anyway, my sincere apology to Italy, Iceland, Luxembourg, Greece, Norway, Netherlands and Germany too. No slight intended. I feel the same when I read books of a similar nature by Americans and the UK gets a passing mention. Again, I do apologise.
I do however see a niche for you to exploit Paolo. A world conflict fought from Italy's viewpoint? Give me a shout if you need advice on indie publishing.
Including all the countries in NATO would be epic but keeping track of all those threads would be a nightmare. I have six threads running at once and that is difficult to juggle.
Volume Four involves events in Germany and Australia with a revival of the espionage thread in Russia which was not really active in Volume Three. There is more than that of course but I am not speaking about it here. Those other threads come to a head in volume 4, the book title is a heavy clue and being Italian you will be aware of the significance of that.
I'm glad you are enjoying the tale. I am hoping to make the last book the best of the series.

Posted on 20 Nov 2013 20:04:06 GMT
ADF, I simply love your books, great stuff, keep them coming!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2013 02:20:57 GMT
ADF says:
Thank you Darren, very kind of you mate!
If you would like to post a review on Amazon for each book I would be most grateful as every little bit helps.
Regards

Andy Farman

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2013 02:28:09 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 21 Nov 2013 02:28:30 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2013 13:28:11 GMT
Andy I am sure time are though there at the mo.
No need for apologies mate, it would have been the cherry on the cake to have some actions on the Alps or in the Mediterranean but I understand, the plot is full and exciting as it is now.
I am adding your novels to my "special list" including Tom Clancy's (RiP) Red storm rising and Larry Bond's Red phoenix, so please keep going.
Are we going to get the 4th book for Christmas????
About me writing a book, I would love to but I am not sure I would be able to write something worth reading...
Looking forward to the next novel.
Ciao

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2013 14:57:22 GMT
ADF says:
Thank you very much mate, I am most flattered.

At the risk of sounding like a wuss, 2013 has been a bit of a year from hell. I have just had my second surgery since publishing 'Fight Through' and it kind of knocks the urge to write out of you for a bit. I can sit for twenty minutes at a time now that the stitches are out so I started writing last night. I have about 600-700 pages to write I think, so it won't be Christmas.

Start small by writing something along the lines of a short story but don't let your family or close friends be the judge, find someone else to test read for you, someone who is not a writer but a keen reader. Make sure you research before you write and that can actually add some inspiration.

Take care mate.

Andy Farman

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2014 14:09:06 GMT
Just completed the second and about to buy the third. Would (along with everyone else) love to know when the last volume is to be released. Obviously I like the idea of more war fighting but would not encourage a lessening of the technical descriptions of weapon capabilities, the extensive nature of those capabilities in modern weapon systems requires some elaboration for all but experts. I read Red Storm Rising when it was first published and have enjoyed the genre ever since. Full marks Andy this is first rate stuff. I may buy the companion, perhaps the author could confine the technical descriptions to this volume? Finally, the politics are essential to the continuity of the entire concept, modern wars are fought on many levels and the special forces and high level espionage are also intrinsic to the plot and provide a fully inclusive experience. I love the war fighting, but the author makes no secret he is writing a novel and the sub-plots make this endeavour a story and not just a battlefield report. (Not that I don't love that aspect.) Bravo, more of the same pls.

Posted on 21 Jan 2014 17:54:40 GMT
ADF says:
Thank you mate I do appreciate the feedback. I would very much welcome a review of each book if you are willing? It reminds Amazon they are worthwhile remaining visible.
I am working on the last book, typhoons, earthquakes and surgery permitting of course :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2014 14:51:48 GMT
I can only review the first two volumes as I only started the third last night. Never fear reviews on the way. Interesting, I didnt know that Amazon put so much store in customer reviews, I just assumed they were simply aids for those considering purchase. I dont know the sales figures but judging by the interest the series is generating... Cant imagine your novels will suffer visibility problems any time soon. Anycase reviews coming, wont keep you cos you got work to do! I am gonna be champing at the bit in a few days!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2014 16:36:29 GMT
ADF says:
Very kind of you Stuart.
I do promise to edit the first two volumes once the fourth book is published.
It has been rather embarrassing to realise how much I had forgotten since school days.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  ANDY FARMAN forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  9 Jul 2013
Latest post:  25 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers