Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Shayne Parkinson forum

Promises to keep

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 May 2012 13:36:41 BDT
I have just read the 4 books in this series...absolutely gripping!! Have never really got into series books, however this one was brilliant, so much so, I want to carry on reading...will there be any more?

Posted on 5 Jul 2012 19:33:42 BDT
gillie says:
Have read the first two of this series and they are absolutely wonderful. Just been on to Amazon and puchases the next two. Cant wait to read them. Do so hope there will be others. Thank you so much Shayne Parkinson for writing these great books.

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 11:19:22 BDT
Are these books only available in Kindle? I don't have and don't want a kindle

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 11:26:48 BDT
Hello everyone. I'm just popping in to say that my latest book, "Daisy's War", has been released (at last!). The description:

In 1914, Daisy lives in the quiet New Zealand valley where her family has farmed for generations. A cherished only child with an adored older cousin, and surrounded by a sprawling extended family, her world seems a warm and safe one.

But the Great War is casting its long shadow over New Zealand. Daisy watches in growing fear as more and more of the men leave to fight in Europe, and the War strikes ever closer to the heart of her family.

"Daisy's War" opens five years after the end of "A Second Chance". The settings and many of the characters from the earlier books are revisited, while a new generation is introduced: that of Amy's grandchildren.

---
Michelle, the books are also available at other e-book retailers (which I'd better not mention here!), as well as in paperback via Amazon.

- Shayne

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 17:01:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2012 17:04:13 BDT
GillyG says:
I nearly didn't read the first of these books - its a very unsofisticated tale/family saga. Innocent in its way and not the usual 'murder mystery' that attracts me. But it was easy to read so I carried on until I was really hooked. I have read all 4 books and have just down loaded Daisy's War. Couldn't put it down. Lovely story well told

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 15:04:53 BDT
Jayneyj66 says:
This series have been the best books I have read for a long time. I look forward to reading more from Shayne.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 20:10:05 BDT
Mandi says:
Just had to say I loved this series! I am looking forward to reading Daisy's War. I wanted to thank you for sharing this story with us all and will look out for your work in the future. :)

Posted on 25 Oct 2012 11:18:05 BDT
I've read all four books loved everyone, they transform you to another world that you can't wait to get back to each day to see whats happening. Just downloaded the last one Daisy's War Can't wait to read it

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 14:57:27 GMT
I have just down-loaded book four in this series, it is a 'blessing?' the weather has not been too good recently as I just cannot put my Kindle down when I should be out and about! It is just about the best series of books I have ever read, thank you so much, Shayne, please keep on writing.

D. Brown

Posted on 11 Mar 2013 00:45:22 GMT
Elaine Dean says:
I have also loved these 4 books and look forward to more in the series.

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 20:11:02 GMT
twinkle says:
I have just finished the fifth. They were all fab! I hope there will be more in the series.

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 20:36:44 GMT
Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone! There certainly are more books to come - I'm working on the next in the series right now. Or at least I will be when I get back to work in a minute. :)

- Shayne

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 11:59:26 BDT
I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this series. My daughter emigrated to New Zealand with her family (and my 2 grandchildren) in November 2012 to Rotorua and I miss them terribly. It was by accident I came across this series but was so delighted to read mention of places where my daughter now is, that I felt a sort of tenuous link. It is a fascinating series and a real insight into social history and how far women have come - and still have to come in certain parts of the world. I have read late into the night and found the books to be really well written - I could just picture everything perfectly and whilst I couldn't wait to read to the end, I now feel bereft. Just bought the fifth book, so I now have something to look forward to again. THANK YOU.

Posted on 7 Apr 2013 03:47:33 BDT
Thank you, Angela! It's nice to think my books have provided you with that small link to your New Zealand-based family. I hope you enjoy "Daisy's War", too.

- Shayne

Posted on 29 Apr 2013 15:56:52 BDT
WINTERTWIT says:
I absolutely love these books lam about to download the last two now
Can't wait to see what's happening with Amy
Thank you for the most enjoyable read I have had in a very long time

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2013 20:37:31 BDT
Thanks, Sarah! What a lovely (and particularly appropriate) name you have.

Posted on 24 Jun 2013 18:57:19 BDT
S. M. Young says:
I have read and loved all the books in the series and want to know if there is another one coming after "Daisy's War" ? I really need to find out what else happens.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2013 22:39:41 BDT
S. M., there will definitely be more books! I'm still working on the next one in the series, and I'm afraid I'm rather a slow writer (partly because I like to spend a lot of time on research), but I do have plans for several more beyond that.

- Shayne

Posted on 24 Nov 2013 18:53:58 GMT
Pam says:
I have just been checking on your books on Google to find out more about you and your writing. It is a long while since I have found a series of books that have kept me so engaged and unwilling to put the book down. I came across the first in your trilogy of Promises to Keep by accident on my kindle and I am now two thirds of the way through Mud and Gold. I will be adding your other books to my kindle. Not much more to add apart from to say that I am finding Amy's plight very harrowing but totally engrossing. What an amazing and inspiring character!

Posted on 16 Jun 2014 21:07:52 BDT
twinkle says:
Any news on the next instalment? I cant believe its been over a year since I read the last ones. they were all so amazing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Shayne Parkinson forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  26 May 2012
Latest post:  16 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers