Upgrade to a new TomTom device and get up to £50 for your old sat nav
Get TomTom HD Traffic for less. Upgrade to a TomTom device with TomTom's breakthrough TomTom HD Traffic service and get up to £50 for your old sat nav.
Please note: This offer only applies to the sat navs listed below purchased from Amazon.co.uk. The offer does not apply to used sat navs or those purchased from third party sellers on Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform.How to Claim
There are just four simple steps to get your money.
1. Buy your TomTom device. Purchase a TomTom GO LIVE 1000, GO LIVE 1005, GO LIVE 825, Via LIVE 120 between 24th May 2011 and 31st July 2011 from Amazon.co.uk.
2. Log on to www.breakfree.tomtom.com/trade-in. (What's this?) to register.
• Registrations must be completed in full within 28 days of purchase (from the date on the purchase receipt). You will need to supply valid personal contact details (email address and bank details). The serial number and proof of purchase of your newly purchased TomTom device and the details of the device you will trade in.
• Valid applications will receive a registration confirmation by email along with a pre-paid postage label.
3. Send the old device you wish to trade in* with its mount and cable to the address given. Include a print out of the registration confirmation, together with a photocopy of the purchase receipt of your new TomTom device and a cut out of the barcode from the product packaging within 10 days after receiving your postal label.
4. Get your money. Once the old device has been received and checked, the appropriate amount is transferred within 30 days directly into your bank account:
• For a GO LIVE 1000 or 1005 you get £50 back.
• For a Via LIVE 120 or GO LIVE 825 you get £30 back.
*All devices traded in need to be in normal working condition and submitted with windscreen mount and car charger. Mobile phones, PDA’s or paper maps are not accepted.
Full terms and conditions can be found below or visit www.breakfree.tomtom.com/trade-in (What's this?) for more information.
Alternatively you can read TomTom's promotional leaflet.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the ”Trade In” promotion offered by TomTom International B.V., Rembrandtplein 35 (1017 CT), Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“TomTom”).
1. The Trade In promotion (the “Promotion”) is open for all participants residing in The United Kingdom who have purchased a new (i) TomTom GO LIVE 1005, (ii) TomTom GO LIVE 1000, (iii) TomTom GO LIVE 825, (iv) TomTom VIA LIVE 120, (v) VIA LIVE 125, (“Promotional Product”) in the period between 24th May 2011 and 31st July 2011 (“Purchase Period”) from retailers and online stores.
How to participate
2. After purchase of the Promotional Product each participant (“Participant”) must complete his/her application for the Promotion on www.breakfree.tomtom.com/trade-in. Registrations must be completed in full within 28 (twenty eight) days of purchase (from the date on the purchase receipt). Registration includes providing (i) personal contact details and a valid email address, (ii) entering the serial number of the Promotional Product, (iii) entering details of the product being traded in (iv) providing valid bank details (as detailed online) and (v) a valid receipt / proof of purchase of the Promotional Product.
3. Upon correct completion of the registration information, Participant will receive a registration confirmation via email which includes a unique reference number that must be used for all communications relating to the Promotion. Participants will also receive (via email) a free post addressed label to enable the return of the trade in device (“Old Sat Nav Device”). This label is provided for the sole use of returning the Old Sat Nav Device. The free post addressed label is only applicable for The United Kingdom, however excluding areas and regions where export and customs requirements are applied. Participants will have to choose between uploading their receipt / proof of purchase of their Promotional Product with the online registration form or sending a hard copy along with their old device. In case Participant chooses to upload the receipt / proof of purchase with the registration form, they will receive an e-mail confirming their eligibility along with their postal label. In case Participant chooses to send a hard copy of the receipt / proof of purchase with the Old Sat Nav device, they will receive their postal label but eligibility will not be checked until the Old Sat Nav Device and the receipt / proof of purchase is received.
4. To qualify for this Promotion only dedicated portable car GPS navigation devices can be traded in. Mobile phones, PDA’s or paper maps are not accepted.
5. Using the provided postage label, Participants must send to TomTom (i) the Old Sat Nav Device they wish to trade in with its windscreen mount and car charger (ii) a print out of the registration confirmation (iii) a photocopy of the purchase receipt of Promotional Product and (iv) a cut out of the barcode from the Promotional Product packaging within 10 (ten) days after receiving the free post address label.
6. Once the Old Sat Nav Device has been received and documentation checked, the Trade in amount (“Premium”) is transferred within 30 days directly into the bank account details provided by Participant. The Premium awarded depends on Promotional Product purchased. (i) Participants who purchased TomTom GO LIVE 1005 will receive £50 for trading in an Old Sat Nav Device. (ii) Participants who purchased a TomTom GO LIVE 1000 will receive £50 for trading in an Old Sat Nav Device (iii) Participants who purchased TomTom GO LIVE 825 will receive £30 for trading in an Old Sat Nav Device (iv) Participants who purchased TomTom VIA LIVE 120 will receive £30 for trading in an Old Sat Nav Device (v) Participants who purchased TomTom VIA LIVE 125 will receive £30 for trading in an Old Sat Nav Device.
Old Sat Nav Device Traded In
7. All Old Sat Nav Devices traded in need to be complete and in good working order and submitted with windscreen mount and car charger.
• “Complete” means that the Old Sat Nav Device must include at a minimum all component parts, batteries and power adaptors.
• “Good Working Order” means that, at a minimum, the Old Sat Nav Device is:
i. Able to turn on and all parts operate in accordance with their specifications;
ii. In good visual condition and have no major damage to the screen - normal wear and tear is acceptable;
iii. Not stolen or listed with TomTom or any third party as stolen;
iv. Rightfully owned by Participant and not subject to any lease agreement unless Participant warrants that he/she has obtained permission from the rightful owner to trade in the Old Sat Nav Device.
• Original packaging and documentation are not required.
• If the Old Sat Nav Device does not meet the conditions set out above the application will not be eligible to take part in this Promotion.
8. All incomplete registrations and invalid posted packages will be automatically rejected and the Participant will be notified by e-mail. If incomplete, the registration must be completed and resubmitted by the Participant in a period of within 7 (seven) working days after notification in order to be processed. A claim is considered incomplete if it matches one or more of the following criteria:
• Non Promotional Product purchased
• Promotional Product purchased outside of Purchase Period
• Any missing information requested on the registration form
• Old Sat Nav Device not shipped within the defined period
• Old Sat Nav Device does not fulfill the return requirements
9. Purchase of the Promotional Product must take place within the Purchase Period. The Participant must abide to the process illustrated within these terms & conditions, including its specified deadlines and requirements for the promotion. Last closing date to register online is before 23:59 on the 28th of August 2011 (28 days after the final day of the Purchase Period) and the last closing date to mail the Old Sat Nav is 10th of September 2011. (together “Completion Date”).
10. Old Sat Nav Devices traded in, become and remain the property of TomTom upon receipt.
11. The Participant is responsible for the removal of all data from the Old Sat Nav Device sent under this Promotion. Participant will not be able to recover any software or personal data from his or her Old Sat Nav Device once it has been traded in or the Old Sat Nav Device itself.
12. The Participant must trade in the Old Sat Nav Device within the country in which the Promotional Product was purchased and must have valid bank details within that country.
13. The Promotion is open to Participants aged 18 years or older, excluding wholesalers and retailers selling any TomTom products, excluding employees and contractors or their families of TomTom or its affiliated companies, TomTom's agents and anyone involved in the organization or administration of the Promotion. Only one device can be traded in per claim and Participants can claim a maximum of two Premium’s per household (same name and or address).
14. Through participation you are eligible for Premium depending on the Promotional Product purchased and successfully completing application. Should the Premium not be claimed before the Completion Date, you will lose your right to claim the Premium.
Personal information provided by the Participant to redeem the Premium may be processed by TomTom within the European Union for the sole purpose of (i) processing and performing this offer, (ii) quality control analysis, (iii) conducting market research and (iv) improving TomTom’s products and/or services. TomTom may hand the provided personal data to a professional third party appointed by TomTom if this is needed for the execution of the Promotion. TomTom and its agents are responsible for storing, processing and transferring the personal data and -if needed- for obtaining Participant’s consent to this.
Participants have the right to obtain information about their data and -if necessary- request rectification or removal of their personal data held by TomTom. Such requests should be made to TomTom at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. TomTom accepts no responsibility or liability for lost, late, damaged or misdirected applications and TomTom is not responsible for any late or misdirected delivery of the Premium.
17. TomTom reserves its right to unilaterally withdrawal and/or to amend this Promotion and/or to amend the terms of conditions. The Premium is non-transferable and no other alternative is available. The Promotion cannot be combined with other promotions from TomTom as offered from the start of the Promotion until the Completion Date.
18. In the event you wish to receive more information about the Promotion, about TomTom products or services or if you have a complaint about the Promotion, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
19. If any provision, or part of a provision, of this Promotion or these terms and conditions, is found by any court or authority of a competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall be deemed not to form part of this Promotion, and the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provisions of this Promotion shall not be affected, unless otherwise required by operation of applicable law.
20. Nothing in this Promotion or these terms and conditions shall operate so as to exclude or limit the liability of TomTom for death or personal injury arising out of negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
21. The failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, a right, power or remedy provided by this Promotion or these terms and conditions or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that right, power or remedy. If TomTom waives a breach of any provision of this Agreement, this shall not operate as a waiver of a subsequent breach of that provision, or as a waiver of a breach of any other provision.
22. Local law is applicable to this Promotion.