General Review Creation Guidelines
Amazon wants your opinions to be heard
We want customers to get the information they need to make smart buying choices, and we'd love to have your help doing that. As an Amazon customer, you can submit written or video reviews for items listed on Amazon. We encourage you to share your opinions, both favorable and unfavorable.
Who can create customer reviews?
Anyone who has purchased items from Amazon. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules (see "What’s not allowed" below).
Tips on writing a great review
• Include the "why": The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a product, but also why. Feel free to talk about related products and how this item compares to them.
• Be specific: Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. For video reviews, we recommend that you write a brief introduction.
• Not too short, not too long: The ideal length is 75 to 500 words. Video reviews have a 10-minute limit, but we recommend 2 to 5 minutes to keep your audience engaged.
• Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the product--positive or negative. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all helpful information can inform our customers’ buying decisions.
• Full disclosure: If you received a free product in exchange for your review, please clearly and conspicuously disclose that that you received the product free of charge. Reviews from the Amazon Vine™ programme are already labeled, so additional disclosure is not necessary.
What's not allowed
Amazon is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on products. While we appreciate your time and comments, we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
• Obscene or distasteful content including sexually explicit or sexually gratuitous comments
• Profane or spiteful remarks
• Content which might be considered defamatory, blasphemous, racist or incendiary
• Remarks that repeat criminal accusations
• Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively
• Sentiments by or on behalf of a person, company or web site with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product (including reviews by authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers, or third-party merchants selling the product)
• Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product
• Solicitations for helpful votes
• For more information on what we consider promotional content, please see our Frequently Asked Questions
• Reviews not written in English
• Reviews that are not your own original work or have been previously published elsewhere
• Phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, and URLs external to Amazon.co.uk
• Details about availability, price, or alternate ordering/shipping
• Videos with watermarks
• Remarks directed at other reviewers
• Feedback on the seller, your shipment experience or the packaging (you can do that at www.amazon.co.uk/feedback and www.amazon.co.uk/packaging)
• Content not specific to the item being reviewed
• Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in our catalog or product description (instead, use the feedback form at the bottom of the product page).
Please resist the temptation to use the forum as a chat room, a soapbox or to comment on other features visible on the page.
Please note that while Amazon.co.uk is a partner site of Amazon.com, our criteria for posting reviews is different, for a variety of reasons. Reviews deemed acceptable for posting on Amazon.com may not be acceptable for posting on Amazon.co.uk. Please read our review guidelines carefully.
Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any customer review it considers inappropriate to our forum.
Customer comments are an integral part of our website and something we value a great deal. We hope to be hearing from you soon.
For more information about writing or submitting customer reviews, please e-mail us at email@example.com.