Profile for miss l b howett > Reviews

Content by miss l b howett

miss l b howett

Page: 1 | 2
Gaslight (A Soho Noir Thriller)
Gaslight (A Soho Noir Thriller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read- especially if you like historical gangsters, 11 April 2014
Not really my thing (I bought it by mistake) but I thought I'd give it a try and must say I did quite enjoy it. I thought the book was very atmospheric with great descriptions making the characters and the time quite believable that I did get lost in that world.

I felt that the end was quite abrupt and not as dramatic as I was anticipating... but I suppose quite clever as, if I am right, the story picks up again in another book. Although I did enjoy the read I won't be in a hurry to read the other book(s) as I have no particular desire to read what further happened to the characters, but if this is your kind of book then you might be inclined to do so!

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 11 Jan 2014
i really enjoyed this book. yes very predictable but an easy read that was hardly dull and i loved the ending!!!

Waybuloo Pocket Library
Waybuloo Pocket Library
by Limited
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 11 Jan 2014
great price for a great product and packaging, cheaper than another series i bought that looked completely secondhand! i would def recommend this product and company!

Descant Recorder Cleaning Mop
Descant Recorder Cleaning Mop
Offered by Musikshop Speyer

3.0 out of 5 stars okayish, 11 Jan 2014
great product, fast delivery, although tbf that's what i paid for, but for what it is it's an okay product. The only shame is it's not long enough to clean the top part of the recorder you need to take the recorder apart.... i will simply use the long rod and a rag that was supplied with my descant!

Hohner - Flauta soprano en do mayor (2 piezas, madera) Dark Pearwood
Hohner - Flauta soprano en do mayor (2 piezas, madera) Dark Pearwood

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 11 Jan 2014
great product, fast delivery, although tbf that's what i paid for, but still great product for great price! lovely smooth sound, a lot better than the plastic ones i've played. my eldest daughter still thinks i sound like someone from a primary school, you can never get away from the annoying sound a descant makes however good the product or your own ability!!!

Practicing the Power of Now
Practicing the Power of Now

4.0 out of 5 stars a little bit similar, 11 Jan 2014
in fairness to me this was just a repeater of the original book, but i quite liked the original book so it doesn't hurt to be reminded!!

Shape Sorter Bus
Shape Sorter Bus
Offered by Trendi

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Shape Sorter Bus (Toy)
great product for great price!! fast delivery, the kids love the fact it's a shape sorter and a vehicle in one, great idea!

Deluxe Baby Float (58577)
Deluxe Baby Float (58577)
Offered by activeleisure

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Deluxe Baby Float (58577) (Toy)
i had one of these 17 yrs ago for my daughter and found it great.... and still find it great! my boy who is big at 10 months fitted in perfectly, loved kicking his legs and having a good look around. it must be safe and secure as he was not overly impressed when i took him out to be 'free' in the water!!! also great that you can take it in a big pool and swim yourself (exercising) whilst pushing this along!! obviously i'm not suggesting you leave a child unattended in this ever, but at least it does free you up a bit rather than have to hold a baby constantly!

In the Night Garden (Little Library)
In the Night Garden (Little Library)
by BBC
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 11 Jan 2014
the books were great for the price, but the packaging (the box that holds the books) was quite damaged. It may have been second hand when i bought it, stupidly i did not check. it certainly looked second hand when my son opened it in front of my mother in law... yeah thanks for that - i look the worse mother in the world ever in her eyes!!!

Splash About Baby Wrap Neoprene Wetsuit - Navy Blue, Medium, 6-18 Months
Splash About Baby Wrap Neoprene Wetsuit - Navy Blue, Medium, 6-18 Months

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 11 Jan 2014
quite expensive but a great product. it is very easy to put on and off... loving the flat design with velcro and surely has got to be warmer than trunks on a 10month old in winter!!!

Page: 1 | 2