Profile for JonnyC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Noise Isolating Headphones
Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Noise Isolating Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 22 Dec. 2013
After a lot of research for a set of sub £40 in ears and recommendations from Head-Fi, I chose the M4's.

From the very start I struggled to get a good fit with the ear buds supplied, trying all the different sizes. This meant that they would fall out when I moved. I also found the treble to be extremely strong, which would give me a sore head after a short period...

The right ear bud then packed it in after 5 months of light use so I have returned them and Amazon are currently processing my refund. I have now purchased - MEElectronics M9 and am very impressed with the sound quality so far and they are half the price

Casio Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio Men's Resin Digital Watch
Offered by Euro-Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Watch for a great price, 25 Jun. 2013
I have not used a digital watch since I was a child but decided to get one for a camping holiday I embarked on. I wanted a digital watch so I could set alarms while also not worry about it in water like I would have with my leather strap watches.

I think the watch looks cool and retro and have received a few compliments by people thinking it cost a lot more!

It is easy to set up and change the alarm and I found the alarm noise loud enough to waken me up (a heavy sleeper).

HIGHLANDER 125 X 60CM BODY MICRO FIBRE TRAVEL TOWEL NEW
HIGHLANDER 125 X 60CM BODY MICRO FIBRE TRAVEL TOWEL NEW
Offered by Dorking Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Product, 25 Jun. 2013
I purchased this travel towel for a backpacking trip around Europe as I didn't want to be carrying a large damp and smelly conventional towel in my rucksack.

This towel dries very fast, is very compact and is a good price.

It does take a bit longer to dry yourself that a conventional towel and may be tricky with long hair, but as a guy with short hair, I found it perfect!

Audioengine 2 - PC multimedia speakers - 30 Watt (Total) - 2-way - black
Audioengine 2 - PC multimedia speakers - 30 Watt (Total) - 2-way - black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound quality, 14 April 2013
After spending alot of time researching speakers on Head-Fi, I purchased these. I have had these speakers for about four months now.

Out of the box, I was very impressed by the packaging and then the build of the speakers. They feel solid, look great and are easy to set up. I have mine set up on my desk, connecting to my laptop through a Fiio e7 DAC, but they also sound great plugged straight into devices such as ipods and phones.

Like other reviews have mentioned, the sound quality greatly improves after a burn in period, as with all high quality speakers. I find the speakers to very detailed and offer a nice amount of bass. They also can be quite loud, despite the size and I have used them a number of times for house parties.

I like these speakers so much, I am going to purchase their bigger brother, the A5+ for my living room

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by davesdealsuk

3.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, 22 Jan. 2013
I was initially very pleased with this purchase. It is small, looks neat and is very easy to set up. It is also very easy to pair with many bluetooth devices such as laptops, phones and tablets.

It is also easy to switch between different devices unlike what has been said in a few reviews I have read. Once a device has been paired with the adapter, the device will remember the adapter. All you need to do is turn on your devices bluetooth and click on the adapter when available devices are shown. To switch between devices, you simply turn off the bluetooth to break the connection, and then connect with the other device. (if that makes sense!)

It also has better range than I was expecting. I found it worked up to about 10m ( a bit less through walls)

The problem with this adapter is that I found it greatly reduces sound quality producing a muffled sound and slight buzzing at higher volumes. To be honest, I expected this as the adapter is only £25 and a bluetooth connection is never going to be as good, quality ways as a cable connection but I thought I would try it anyway as it was getting good reviews and no one else seem to mention poor sound quality.

Depending on the quality of speakers (or even the accuracy of your ears!!) you may not notice any drop in sound quality, which would make this a good purchase for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 3:49 PM BST

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value for money, 22 Jan. 2013
This box set seems to be getting a lot of negative reviews from the hardcore LOTR fans who expected the extended edition to be released on Blu Ray first rather than this theatrical version so don't be put off by a low average rating.

I paid £9 for this (the extended version is £45-50) and am very happy with this purchase and will watch it many many times!

Assassin's Creed III (Exclusive Edition)[PS3]
Assassin's Creed III (Exclusive Edition)[PS3]
Offered by 59fpsonline

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst of the franchise, 29 Dec. 2012
I was really excited getting this game as I had watch all the trailers and some gameplay videos and am also a big fan of the other games in the franchise.

After a few hours of playing it, I got incredibly bored and fed up with the game. It took me a while to figure out if I was sick of the franchise or if this individual game was not up to par. It was the game. I'll mention what I thought was good about the game first, then get into the negatives.

Positives
- Ship gameplay was very enjoyable
- Tree running in the frontier was fun

Negatives
- Full of bugs - Every Assassins Creed so far has had bugs, but this game just seemed to have so many and they really stood out and annoyed me (maybe I am just getting old!) The first Assassins Creed came out five years ago and it had less bugs than this I think. The bugs differ from no lip syncing in cut scenes to terrible enemy AI who would attack you for no reason, even if you were "Incognito"

- Horses - Riding a horse in the other games was tricky, but this one is just completely frustrating. I think it is down to the narrow frontier paths, so any touch with objects such as a tree trunk will stop you dead

- Side Missions - I am not one for completing games fully, so usually would only do the necessary side missions, either to build up skill or money. In this game their is no incentive to perform any side mission. I am on sequence 11 and have currently not performed one!

- Homestead and ship customization - Yet again, there is no incentive to complete any kind of customization unlike previous Assassins Creeds games. I have not performed any so can not talk about it!

- Connor's Story - Connor is definitely the worst character yet. He just seems obnoxious and rude, and kills who ever he wants. One minute you are killing the Redcoats, next the Patriots, and then you have the opportunity to kill your own tribes people.

- The general story - I could not follow this story at all! You just seem to jump from one bit to the next without any direction or reasoning. Currently on sequence 11, and I really can not be bothered to finish the game and see what happens. Also seem to spend so much time fast travelling back and forth, very infuriating

- Boston - The designers put in many hundred hours of work to create the city, but it just feels dull and bland. I understand this is the way the city looked and the designers researched and created a very realistic setting, but it is just so boring compared to the Italian cities.

Conclusion
This game does have some very good parts, parts that make you think Wow! Unfortunately most of the time, I was feeling big disappointment. I could not recommend this game to anyone, especially not fans of the franchise. I can not even be bothered finishing the game so I am not sure how Desmond's story is going, or if it is going to continue to another game, but I know I won't spend another £40 on the Assassins Creed franchise

Dualshock Controller - Red (PS3)
Dualshock Controller - Red (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking controller, 23 Dec. 2012
Had this controller for a couple of years. Really like the colour of the product and makes it stand out from my friends controllers.

I can see a lot of people complaining that the controllers they received are fake, so be careful and only buy from highly rated or trusted sellers. I got mine direct from Amazon

Dare 2B Fallback Men's Ski Trouser - Black, Large
Dare 2B Fallback Men's Ski Trouser - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 23 Dec. 2012
Bought for my first ever Ski holiday and they did me well! I purchased large and they fit me nicely (I am a 34L so used a belt)

They gave good protection as I spent the first couple of days falling over constantly so was very pleased they were well padded. They were also warm so I did not have to wear leggings underneath and they were well waterproofed.

USB Charger Cable / Lead for PS3 Wireless Controller by electrosmart® - Length 1.8m
Offered by electrosmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Cable, 23 Dec. 2012
Good quality cable, at a low price. It is longer than the original cable than came with my PS3 so can actually charge the controller and sit on my sofa! Fast delivery too

Page: 1 | 2