Profile for Bex > Reviews

Content by Bex

Bex (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Magic, Myth & Majesty (7 Fantasy Novels)
Magic, Myth & Majesty (7 Fantasy Novels)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not actually a brilliant deal, 12 Mar 2014
Most of these are free on their own! Only buy it if you want the first one which is 77p on its own. I'm going to buy to read the first one and will re-review when I've read it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

Rough Justice (The 7th Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Rough Justice (The 7th Spider Shepherd Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but not great series, 28 Nov 2012
The Spider Shepherd series are a good fun read but the right wing anti-immigration slant of the writing (always attributed to different characters but present in every book) starts to get a bit wearing. Not sure whether I'll start on another Stephen Leather series for this reason.

Live Fire (The 6th Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Live Fire (The 6th Spider Shepherd Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but not great series, 28 Nov 2012

Dead Men (The 5th Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Dead Men (The 5th Spider Shepherd Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but not great series, 28 Nov 2012

Cold Kill (The 3rd Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Cold Kill (The 3rd Spider Shepherd Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but not great series, 28 Nov 2012

Hot Blood (The 4th Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Hot Blood (The 4th Spider Shepherd Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but not great, 28 Nov 2012

Flexi Compact 3 Rope Lead for Dog, 5 m, Blue
Flexi Compact 3 Rope Lead for Dog, 5 m, Blue
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you expect from a Flexi extending lead, 28 Nov 2012
Does what is says - well.
This one is particularly good for me as it is more robust than other Flexi models meaning that I can use it for my 52kg dog without having to move up to the very expensive giant dog lead.
Nice smooth action and nice grip, Amazon was the cheapest price I found for it.

Soapmaking the Natural Way
Soapmaking the Natural Way
by Rebecca Ittner

2.0 out of 5 stars Not actually soap making, 17 Feb 2012
Other reviewers had said that this was just melt-and-pour recipes, but if you are inexperienced in soap making you won't know what this means (as I didn't!) Melt-and-pour is buying a soap base and melting it adding colours and scents and setting. It is, therefore, not making soap from basic ingredients - which is what I wanted.

Shadowheart: The Shadowmarch Sequence (Shadowmarch 4)
Shadowheart: The Shadowmarch Sequence (Shadowmarch 4)
by Tad Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic finale, 27 April 2011
Wow, I've waited a long time for the thrilling close of the Shadowmarch books. This didn't disapoint - I'm tempted to start at the begining again!
This is the last of four books, so don't buy unless you've read the first three!
Tad Williams creates a whole world so fully that I get completely caught up in it. The best fantasy writer currently writing that I know of.

Shadowrise (Shadowmarch Trilogy) (Shadowmarch Quartet)
Shadowrise (Shadowmarch Trilogy) (Shadowmarch Quartet)
by Tad Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely engrossing, 10 May 2010
The Shadow March trilogy has so far proved to be my favourite Tad Williams books (closely followed by otherland). I can't put them down! His descriptions are absolutely compelling, so that you can really visualise the scenes he is portraying. My single down-point is that the description did not make clear that this is not the final book in the "trilogy", this is actually part one of the final book. When I start reading a Tad Williams story I can't bear having to stop part way through and I have already been waiting over two years to finish Shadowmarch. When I realised the third of the trilogy had been published I re-read the first two so that I could really get the full enjoyment from the last one but then opened it to find that it is only the first part of the final book. I am happy that Tad is giving us more but I would have preferred to have been told before I ordered it that it was not the final book in the series. But still 5 stars for the next brilliant instalment! Can't wait for the "final" book!

Page: 1 | 2