Profile for J. V. Taylor > Reviews

Content by J. V. Taylor

J. V. Taylor "tulip_girl100" (England)

7" FILLETING KNIFE "THE RAZOR" BY DOLOMITEN INOX
7" FILLETING KNIFE "THE RAZOR" BY DOLOMITEN INOX
Offered by The Knife Company UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality knife, 28 Dec. 2011
I am a novice when it comes to filleting fish so thought I would go for a reasonably priced knife to start off with. I am not disappointed with this knife, it is very sharp and glides easily through the fish. Good product at a reasonable price.

Fish
Fish
by Tom Aikens

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good book, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Fish (Hardcover)
I asked for this book because i wanted to start filleting my own fish and experimenting with it more. The book is extremely detailed and well worth the money. You can tell Tom is passionate about what he does and there is lots of background information which is enlightening. A wide range of recipes at various levels. x

TecTake Luxury Ice Maker BLACK
TecTake Luxury Ice Maker BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for parties., 8 Sept. 2011
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday; we both like entertaining which usually involves lots of gin and tonics!

The delivery time was exceptional especially as coming from Germany; only 3 days. When I got the item I followed the instruction and it was up and running within no time.

The first batch of ice I did was smaller than expected but I think it must have been because it was the first one as it then got bigger and has stayed at the same consistent size. One point is that there isn't much difference between small and large pieces. They do not come out as cubes but if you imagine a thimble shape but obviously much thicker- this is because of the way that the ice is formed.

Personally I prefer large square cubes but my boyfriend prefers the size that this machine gives you so just depends on what you want really. We kept it running for an entire party and didn't run out once. Thought you can keep it on constanly I feel that this is a waste so we just fill up a bag to keep in the freezer and only put it on for parties.

The reason i have given 4 not 5 stars is purely because i like bigger cubes and not much difference in size. But overall it does exactly what it should-give ice.