Profile for H. Moore > Reviews

Content by H. Moore

H. Moore "Eco-poet" (Somerset, UK)

The Anarchist Revelation: Being What We're Meant To Be
The Anarchist Revelation: Being What We're Meant To Be
by Paul Cudenec
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The spiritual roots of anarchism, 4 Jan 2014
Paul Cudenec's passionately argued book, The Anarchist Revelation, Being What We're Meant to Be, persuades me that in knowing ourselves more deeply we can not only move beyond society's conditioning, which is designed to keep us obedient and compliant, but that we can actually connect with the collective existence that was once a conscious part of 'organic society' (based on natural laws, co-operation and the self-organising capacity of ecosystems).

By understanding and drawing on the spiritual roots of anarchism, which the author explores in depth, referencing a wide range of sources from psychologists to anarchist visionaries and perennialist philosophers, we have the choice to become "a conscious manifestation of [the] greater unity, as a temporary representative-on-earth of the life force." Mind-expanding and well-written, The Anarchist Revelation will appeal to a wide range of readers.

Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy
Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy
by Joanna Macy
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift to humanity at this crisis point in our collective history, 8 May 2012
'Active Hope' is truly a gift to humanity at this crisis point in our collective history. This book succinctly describes the 'Business as Usual' model, which is systematically destroying the resilience of human cultures and the Earth's ecosystems, and yet offers an extraordinary vision of hope - the Great Turning towards a life-sustaining society, in which millions of people globally are now participating.

Holding the daily awareness of this precipice at which we stand requires enormous courage. This book offers clear insights and a tried-and-tested system to help us to develop the inner resources to cope. It feels like the most trusty companion anyone aspiring to co-create a sustainable future could acquire.

Find Your Power: A Toolkit for Resilience and Positive Change
Find Your Power: A Toolkit for Resilience and Positive Change
by Chris Johnstone
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful resource for life!, 21 May 2010
This book by Dr. Chris Johnstone has been a wonderful tool for me personally. I find its language and layout highly accessible and can really say that I have benefitted greatly from coming to terms with concepts such as 'static thinking', 'dream-blockers' and 'believing mirrors', and by examining my own life/thinking in the light of them. Dr. Johnstone draws on his inspirational work with people addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has created a wonderful resource which truly enables people to become more resilient to the ups and downs of everyday life. I couldn't reccommend it more highly!

The Snot Book
The Snot Book
by Staffan Gnosspelius

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and compelling!, 21 Feb 2007
This review is from: The Snot Book (Paperback)
I first encountered Staffan's vividly weird and beautiful work some years ago in 'The Story of Two Kings', a storybook he'd designed and illustrated for his degree show at the Edinburgh College of Art (for which I recall he was awarded a First.) I was instantly drawn in to the world of his imagination and have been a fan of his work ever since. It's great to see what he's doing with his latest book, 'The Snot Book', which I'm sure will continue to exercise magical powers of compulsion over anyone (child or adult) who picks it up!