Profile for Hampshire Rose > Reviews

Content by Hampshire Rose

Hampshire Rose "PK" (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Way You Look Tonight: The Sullivans
The Way You Look Tonight: The Sullivans
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant romance, 15 April 2014
I did enjoy this book. It's an easy uncomplicated read and therefore an ideal time waster! The characters are likeable but not at all surprising. In this simple love story I did find the hints of submission and dominance play rather odd (and at odds) with the two main characters. It seemed like a pointless side line to the main story.

The Man Who Never Was
The Man Who Never Was

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read, 15 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It's twists and turns kept me engrossed from beginning to end. I'll be on the lookout for more from this author

Good Clean Murder: A Plain Jane Mystery
Good Clean Murder: A Plain Jane Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 15 April 2014
I quite liked this book. Nothing complicated or brain stretching or surprising in the, but it's a decent holiday read.

Ultrasun SPF 20 Sports Clear Gel Formula Once A Day 500ml
Ultrasun SPF 20 Sports Clear Gel Formula Once A Day 500ml
Offered by Online Beauty Buys
Price: 33.25

5.0 out of 5 stars tried and tested - brilliant product, 15 April 2014
I love this sun protection and have used nothing but this brand for the past 3 years. I've used it in Europe, Egypt and the tropics and it's always done the job perfectly. It seems a bit pricy, but its brilliant stuff that only needs to be applied once a day so it works out to be very economical. We put it on in the morning before leaving our room and by the time we've had our breakfast we're protected for the whole day. Even frequent swimming doesn't affect it's protective ability.

Never Buried: Volume 1 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)
Never Buried: Volume 1 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 10 April 2013
I'd never read this author before but thoroughly enjoyed this book. A good pace that keeps you turning the page. Recommended.

Jingle This!
Jingle This!
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious Tripe, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jingle This! (Kindle Edition)
I'm the type of person who can generally read almost anything (including Mills and Boon if nothing else is around) but I had to give up on this. It's so boring and predictable. All romances are predictible of course, but usually you keenly anticipate the outcome. In this case I felt no interest in any of the characters or the flimsy plot (if you could call it a plot). It was billed as a festive read and it was the week before Christmas so I stuck with it till I was just over 50% through, but I was rapidly loosing the will to live so I joyfully abandoned it!

Bright Morning Star
Bright Morning Star
Price: 12.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful antidote to Christmas shopping blues!, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bright Morning Star (Audio CD)
I love it. This is the perfect mix of the familiar and the new. Folky - but not too much so. Bella Hardy has a beautiful uplifting, melodic voice. I think this has just become my favourite Christmas album after only 2 listenings! I'm so glad I found it, I'll keep a copy in my car to chill out to in the inevitable seasonal traffic jams, and another at home that I can unwind to. Go on treat yourself!

Best Of St Agnes Fountain, The
Best Of St Agnes Fountain, The
Price: 11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the curate's egg, it's good in parts, 8 Dec 2011
I really enjoy seeing St Agnes fountain live but this album doesn't have the same charm as the actual gigs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the voices or musicianship, in fact they are (as always) brilliant. It's just for me the album rates as was just OK. Nothing more. Having played it through once I'm in no hurry to play it again.

L.A. Turnaround
L.A. Turnaround
Price: 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album with the bonus of video clips too, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: L.A. Turnaround (Audio CD)
I really like this album. A few reworked favourites (in a rather gentler style than the original I feel) as well as some newer songs. (at least they were newer at the time of recording). A lovely bonus is the 'home grown' video footage which was shot at teh time of recording.

A Rare Conundrum
A Rare Conundrum
Price: 7.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Jansch at his best, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: A Rare Conundrum (Audio CD)
Absolutely my favourite album from the late and eternally great Bert Jansch. A great selection of songs together with the guitar and banjo virtuosity that made Bert so exceptional. Buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3