Profile for Hampshire Rose > Reviews

Content by Hampshire Rose

Hampshire Rose "PK" (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
L.A. Turnaround
L.A. Turnaround

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album with the bonus of video clips too, 8 Dec. 2011
This review is from: L.A. Turnaround (Audio CD)
I really like this album. A few reworked favourites (in a rather gentler style than the original I feel) as well as some newer songs. (at least they were newer at the time of recording). A lovely bonus is the 'home grown' video footage which was shot at teh time of recording.

A Rare Conundrum
A Rare Conundrum

5.0 out of 5 stars Jansch at his best, 8 Dec. 2011
This review is from: A Rare Conundrum (Audio CD)
Absolutely my favourite album from the late and eternally great Bert Jansch. A great selection of songs together with the guitar and banjo virtuosity that made Bert so exceptional. Buy it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous leather journal, 8 Dec. 2011
I bought the journal as a special Christmas gift for a friend. I know he's going to love it! The quality of the leather cover and also the actual paper is great. Super speedy delivery from the vendor even though I'd only paid the standard postage.

The Women's Institute Book Of 650 Favourite Recipes
The Women's Institute Book Of 650 Favourite Recipes
by Norma Macmillan

5.0 out of 5 stars great book at a brilliant price., 8 Dec. 2011
This is a super all round recipe book. Most of the recipes seem to be very economical too. Condition of book just as described.Vendor was a joy to deal with and delivery was super fast.

Salter 9036 Max View White
Salter 9036 Max View White

5.0 out of 5 stars simple to use and easy to see, 12 Sept. 2011
I'm delighted with my purchase of a set of large display digital scales. The item arrived in super quick time and was very simple to set up. At last, even someone with eyesigt as dodgy as mine can see what's what!

Seasons Of My Soul
Seasons Of My Soul
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Remember when record shops had an 'easy listening' section?, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Seasons Of My Soul (Audio CD)
I heard the Aretha track and really liked it. Rumur has a great voice - a little like a cross between Dusty Springfield and Karen Carpenter, but that great voice is about all this album has going for it. It's like being transported back in time to a 70's Burt Bacharach fest! The musical arrangements sound like they were stolen wholesale from a Dionne Warwick Album circa 1970. This is tedious stuff, I've really tried hard to stick with it, but struggle to get through a whole track. It sounds old fashioned and irrelevant to me. There's no soul, the lyrics are bland and instantly forgettable. Ho hum - more wasted money!

Samsung R719 17.3 inch Laptop (PDC T4300 2.1GHz, 4Gb, 320Gb, DVDRW, Intel X4500, Win 7 Home Premium (Black))

4.0 out of 5 stars Great service from vendor, 18 Mar. 2010
Even though I didn't pay for super speedy delvery, the item was received in superquick time. On the whole I'm pleased with the laptop.

The Laptop has a great screen size (I bought it to replace a desktop PC) and fairly easy to set up - even for a complete computer idiot like myself.

As always with modern electronics items, I'm infuriated by having to download an online guide. It would cost manufacturers very litle to print these in bulk and add them to your hardware package (as they always used to)- it costs a small fortune to download and print these from home and it's almost impossible trying to follow instructions on the screen(rant over!).

I've got just two complaints so far with the laptop. The first is that all the cables attach on the left hand side instead of (sensibly) at the back of the computer out of the way. This means that cables are permanantly in the way. (Really irritating if like me you are left handed and like to use a mouse to navigate.) Secondly, the screen is a bit to bright and I can find no way to make a small adjustment to the contrast or brightness. It seems you have to have it so light and bright you can't clearly see the boxes you are supposed to be typing into and colours are pale and washed out, or alternatively, so dark and 'contrasty' it's unpleasant to look at and difficult to use. I know there must be a way of making fine adjustments to colour, brightness and contrast - but I can't find it!

Cadbury's Complete Chocolate Cookbook
Cadbury's Complete Chocolate Cookbook
by Patricia Dunbar

3.0 out of 5 stars No complaints with vendor or condition of book, 18 Mar. 2010
Absolutely no complaints with the vendor - the book was in excellent conditon and received very quickly. However, the book is awfull, more just a collection of ideas for making novelty chocolate birthday cakes for kids rather than a chocolate recipe book.

And the Shelter People
And the Shelter People

5.0 out of 5 stars As fresh today as it ever was, 10 Jan. 2010
This review is from: And the Shelter People (Audio CD)
I recently bought this album on CD after going through my old records and realising that as I can't play them any more, I hadn't heard this album for years.

It must have been around 1971 or 72 that I saw Leon Russell play live. I've never forgotten that evening as it ranks as one of the best gigs I ever went to. I'm so pleased I made the investment in a new CD. The music is as fresh, vibrant, rich, melodic and rocking as it ever was.

Dazzling Stranger
Dazzling Stranger
Offered by onepeecd

4.0 out of 5 stars Bert is dazzling (as always!), 10 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Dazzling Stranger (Audio CD)
Bert Jansch is a little like Marmite, when it comes to his voice, you eaither you either love it or hate it - I love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2010 5:31 PM GMT