Profile for Ntshk > Reviews

Ntshk (London)

Oball Rattle - Green
Oball Rattle - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy for small babies!, 15 Jun 2009
This review is from: Oball Rattle - Green (Toy)
This rattle is absolutely brilliant - my 4.5 month year old can easily grab it and shake it. It holds my baby's attention very well. Highly recommended.

Wings Of Desire [1987] [DVD]
Wings Of Desire [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruno Ganz
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful and poetic film of all times, 9 Dec 2004
This review is from: Wings Of Desire [1987] [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film and I love it because of so many things. I saw it for the first time when I was a teenager in mid 90s and I was so impressed... I was roaming the streets of Almaty (my home town in Kazakhstan) with my best friend and I asked her: "Do you think angels are walking together with us and collecting the spiritual signs of our existence?' Of course, it was a joke, by what a romantic joke... A longing for something magical that can happen to a mortal...
When you first watch the film, you wonder why Wim Wenders has picked two aging men in long black coats to be angels. That's not how you imagined an angel, after all. However, the further you watch the film, the more you realise that their angelic nature is in the way they look at everything, in their increadible eyes.
When I think about this film I think about all the good that can happen to an ordinary human being. This film highlights the best in all of us and makes us immortal for a short while... And I believe this feeling is worth it.
Natalia
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 10:14 AM BST

Designing Social Research: The Logic of Anticipation
Designing Social Research: The Logic of Anticipation
by Norman Blaikie

5.0 out of 5 stars Designing Social Research by Norman Blaikie (2000), 2 Sep 2004
I would like to say a big 'thank you' to the author of 'Designing Social Research'. He is like a good and patient teacher that shows you how to approach the subject, what choices to make and how these choices will affect the writing and researching your topic.
I have not encountered 'abductive' and 'retroductive' research strategies in other books on methodology, but Blaikie explains carefully and in detail on which literature he draws to introduce these strategies, how they fit into the Interpretivist perspective and what ontological and epistemological as well as practical considerations they entail. It really clarified my understanding about all the above issues and helped me greately in designing my research design.
Moreover, this book was advertised by my methodology teachers at the university (and now I know why!) I personally would recommend this book to anybody who embarks on Masters by Research or PhD and has to make methodological chioces and design their research.
P.S. I want to order Blaikie's new book on Analysing Quantitative Data: from Description to Explanation (2003) and have no doubt it will be useful for my research.