Profile for S. P. Robinson > Reviews

Content by S. P. Robinson

S. P. Robinson "steverobinson1978" (UK)

Fieldrunners 2
Fieldrunners 2

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Fieldrunners 2 (App)
Seems like an amazing and highly addictive game but the game crashed after the first level and then won't even open. Uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing happens. On experia z2. Hope it gets sorted via an update soon.

Discrete Mathematics: for New Technology
Discrete Mathematics: for New Technology

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of basic errors, 19 Aug. 2012
I bought the kindle version of this book and must say that I am extremely disappointed as the book is full of mistakes. I have only read the first 2 chapters but have completely lost faith in the content. I bought this to give me a bit of a refresher as I have degree in computer science which I gained in 2008 so I do know what I am talking about and the mistakes I have noticed are in some of the most basic sections.

I cannot comment on the print version which may be fine but some of the earliest examples are just plain wrong and I can can only imagine that someone that doesn't already have a good understanding of logic might simply end up with an incorrect understanding of the subject. I have searched for an errata section online to see if these mistakes are mentioned but have so far not found one.

In conclusion, DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!

Twisted Metal (PS3)
Twisted Metal (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, totally worth the wait., 20 Mar. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Twisted Metal (PS3) (Video Game)
The previous reviewer must be coming from mario or something like that. This game is fantastic and will provide months of fun for those with more patience than the previous reviewer (a whole one hour eh, nice one). The controls do take a bit of practice to get used to but that because there are so many different weapons. Proper gamers will understand that some of the best and longest lasting games take a lot of practise to master but once you get over the initial learning curve the rewards are worth the effort. The single player game seems quite hard, I only got past the first 3 levels (just to try and master the controls) before switching to multiplayer which is where the real fun is.

If you like competitive multiplayer then this game will be right up your street. If you are a negative person with no patience and gaming ability then leave a review like the last reviewer and then sod off back to mindless platform games or trolling other great games with irrelevant reviews.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2012 10:11 AM BST

Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by CSC Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, 14 Mar. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this a few days after release after owning the original PSP and then a PSP Go. The Vita is in a completely different league to the PSP, streets ahead. I have a ps3 which I used to play every day but since I got this I have hardly played on my ps3. There are so many good games on the playstation store for less than a tenner that I have bought such as escape plan, motorstorm rc, hustle kings and super stardust. I have also bought wipeout 2048 on disc and some others too. I can't say that am even slightly disappointed by any of the games I have. In short I think the Vita is fantastic and redefines the standards that all handheld gaming platforms will be judged by. If your thinking of getting one, just go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

1.0 out of 5 stars why did I buy this??, 15 Jun. 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a bit rubbish, the graphics are terrible, the animation is poor even by 7 year old standards when you compare it with the likes of half life 2. The game just feels dated and like it still needs an awful lot of updates. After all these years it still doesn't feel finished.

I really wanted to like this game but I'm not going to lie, its just crap! Save your money.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare  (PS3)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!! Buy it NOW!!!, 11 Sept. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
3 words to describe this game: wonderful, fantastic and bloody-awesome. I have had this game since Christmas, I didn't quite complete the single player mode, because I have been playing this online constantly since I got it. This is a game that redefines how addictive and just plain GOOD games can actually be. Its not the easiest at first, but that just adds to the good feelings you get when you play it well. Everyone should own this game!! even girls!!!