Profile for Baldrick > Reviews

Content by Baldrick

Baldrick "Rick" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Extra Select Premium Wild Bird Food 12.75 Kg
Extra Select Premium Wild Bird Food 12.75 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality bird seed, 14 Aug 2013
Okay, so I can't personally comment on the quality not being a bird - all I can say for sure is that the birds love it and they are usually quite picky. It arrived quickly and when expected so I have no problems at all to report. I will be buying this again shortly as the greedy birds get through two litres a day...

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great experience!!, 9 May 2013
I absolutely love this product! There was no set up procedure or pairing required. I plugged one in, connected it to my router, then wandered next door and plugged the other in. It immediately found the first and all the lights lit up just as I hoped. I unplugged it as it wasn't in the most convenient location and it paired again no problems. I recommend this product unreservedly.

Time2® 7" Android Tablet PC MID Netbook Sleeve Pouch Neoprene Protective Cover Case ePad aPad UK
Offered by Time2 Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell - what smell? Great product, 10 Aug 2012
I bought this cover for my tablet, with some nervousness seeing how people complained about the smell. However, the smell is only that of neoprene as used in wetsuits - and indeed it looks like the same material. Don't let it put you off - this is a well made pouch which will do a good job of protecting my new tablet and I'd recommend it to anyone. The fabric inside of the pouch even does a good job of cleaning the fingermarks off the screen each time I use it!

JVC KD-R421 Car CD Receiver with MP3 Stereo, Front USB, Dual Aux-in - Red Illumination

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern technology!, 3 Aug 2012
Well, I am delighted with this radio/CD unit. I wanted a unit with a USB port so I could listen to music and audiobooks, plus an aux socket for my MP3 player. This has all this and I also bought a remote control for it (£12) which works perfectly. Really I cannot fault the unit as the sound quality is good (IMHO), fitting simple and the controls intuitive and straightforward. A massive improvement on the old radio/cassette I replaced. I thoroughly recommend this unit!

Travel Spot 92164 Headlamp Adaptor and Magnetic EURO Plate
Travel Spot 92164 Headlamp Adaptor and Magnetic EURO Plate
Offered by Mikedavies

5.0 out of 5 stars It is magnetic you know!!, 27 April 2012
I thought this was a really neat product, killing two birds with one stone. It arrived quickly and looks to be a good make. The magnetic GB plate turns out to be just that (ignore any reviews that say it isn't magnetic). I haven't tried the headlamp deflectors yet but the instructions look fairly straightforward.

Belkin N Wireless Router with Simple Security Set up for use with a Cable (DSL) Modem only (F5D8236uk4)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not so reliable or was I just unlucky?, 13 Nov 2011
I think this should have been a really good product. I connected it to my existing non-wireless Netgear DG834 modem and all went well. The wireless connection was good and fast, and I was delighted with the performance - for just six days. Yesterday I was using my laptop with the wireless and suddenly the internet stopped working. Well, not quite as the laptop said it was connected fine to the router - just that there was no internet access. So I checked on the router itself, which had blinking lights saying it had lost connection to the modem (which was itself still showing a perfect connection to the net). I went through all the various recommended methods of clearing problems (powering down, removing and replugging leasds, re-setting etc) and occasionally it seemed to clear the problem and found the modem. But when I tried to connect to the net the router immediately lost the modem again. I rely on my internet connection these days and am not prepared to use a bit of kit that is clearly unreliable. So I've returned it to Amazon for a refund.
Perhaps I was just unlucky, but I've had no problems in the past with Netgear so will go back to them again.

TFA 30.3034.01 Ratio Wireless Thermometer with Radio-Controlled Clock
TFA 30.3034.01 Ratio Wireless Thermometer with Radio-Controlled Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - worked out of the box, 31 Oct 2011
I spent some time looking for a unit to replace my old one where the outside sensor had died, and the reviews of this one seemed excellent. I wanted only the outside and inside temperature shown - if I want to know the weather I just look out of the window!
The unit arrived promptly and well packaged. What a delight! Apart from one of the buttons being a bit sticky, I put batteries in and the unit just set itself up.
I tested the outside sensor by mounting it next to the unit and after a short while the unit showed both temperatures (outside and inside) to be the same. Then I mounted the outside sensor some fifteen (yes, 15!) meters from the unit and the unit still receives the signal from the transmitter. I couldn't manage line of sight but there are a couple of walls in between the two units. My previous unit struggled at 2 meters away.
The time set itself up easily from the Frankfurt radio transmitter and is accurate to European time. Setting the unit to UK time is easy and detailed in the instructions. In conclusion, I'd recommend this unit to although I've only had it a week or so and can't comment on its longevity.

Belkin AC Anywhere - 300W DC/AC Power Inverter
Belkin AC Anywhere - 300W DC/AC Power Inverter

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected, 1 July 2011
I've not had good experiences with previous inverters, finding that they rarely managed to cope with the rated wattage, so it was with some trepidation that I bought this Belkin product. The major expected use is to run my wife's hairdryer when we are on holiday and unable to hook the camper up to the mains. The lowest hairdryer setting is 300 watts - the same as the inverter - and I am most impressed in that it started up and worked. I didn't expect it to manage the 600 watt setting and I was right - it didn't. But it did make a valiant effort to start up proving that Belkin's comment in their specifications that it could cope with a short 500 watt burst to start up is likely to be correct.

I haven't noticed the fan being exceptionally noisy - certainly no more than a computer fan (which it probably is). After all I'm not likely to be lying next to it am I? So I wouldn't worry about the negative reviews there.

I've noted several complaints that a cigarette lighter is not robust enough to cope with anything over 150 watts. I don't understand the complaint when it's made perfectly clear in the instructions. Why otherwise would Belkin include crocodile clips? A clear example of 'RTFM' before complaining.

Finally, all I can say is that if you want a quality bit of kit to run anything up to 300 watt for not too much money then you won't go too far wrong here. Mind you, if you only want to charge laptops, phones etc then it's probably overkill.

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what I hoped, 4 Nov 2010
I bought this camera to replace my old one that no longer worked under Windows 7. It was easy to set up - just plug it in! Windows 7 found it easily and it worked well straight out of the box. The focusing is manual but that's fine as it is very flexible in distance. It works well and is very clear (according to other people who can see me). The microphone also is pretty good. I'd recommend this unit to anyone and really can't fault it either on price or quality. Well done Tecknet!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality airbed..., 21 Aug 2010
I spent quite a while looking for a single airbed that was useful for camping and as a spare mattress. What drew me to this one was not only the built in pump but also the fact that it was nearly a metre wide. I found that I could pump it up using the built in pump easily in around 2 minutes (yes, I timed it!!) and deflate in much the same time. I love the bed and can't wait to get out there and try it for real.

Page: 1 | 2