Profile for Mrs. P. V. Ashbee > Reviews

Content by Mrs. P. V. Ashbee

Mrs. P. V. Ashbee "Easy cook" (Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
From the Bitter Land
From the Bitter Land
by Maisie Mosco

5.0 out of 5 stars What a read, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: From the Bitter Land (Paperback)
I have a dear friend who lived next door to Maisie in Manchester's Strange Ways area of Manchester and what was then the big Jewish Quarter just before and during the 2WW, they were both Russian Jews escaping with their parents from the pogroms in Soviet Russia. Maisie Mosco books are based on their lives when they arrived in England and gives a good insight in to the Jewish way of life as it was then and brings you up to date and how things have change. I love her books and it is a shame that she died last year, so we will not have any more stories from her.

Masaryk Station (John Russell 6)
Masaryk Station (John Russell 6)
by David Downing
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A Present, 24 Jan 2014
I bought this as another stocking filler for my Husband, so far he has read all David Downing books in this series and he says he is one of the best writers he has read in a long time. They certainly keep "Hubby" quiet for a long time,

The Best of Humphrey Lyttleton [3CD Box Set]
The Best of Humphrey Lyttleton [3CD Box Set]
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Humphrey Lyttleton, 24 Jan 2014
A must for all Trad. Jazz fans and a legend, this really is a wonderful boxed set of all his best titles. I bought it for my husband from his Wish List, and we both love it, Jazz at it's best.

Colgate ProClinical Triple Clean Replacement Electric Toothbrush Heads (Pack of 4)
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best electric tooth brush to date, 24 Jan 2014
As an older person our teeth get sensitive and the enamel is not as good as it was. This is amazing and all it says it is, it is quiet and gentle and my teeth felt as though I had been to the hygienist. It also made it worth buying as it was 50% off, the new heads are expensive though, and had it been at full price I would not have considered it. I hope that Colgate continue to make the heads for it unlike Oral B who discontinue the heads which are different for all their models, and it then makes it cheaper to buy a new model instead of trying to locate the replacement heads.

Combined Presents [Someecards] - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Combined Presents [Someecards] - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Cards, 24 Jan 2014
This was just what I needed to make a different gift for my friend who has a Birthday on Christmas Eve. It arrived on time and she was able to pick something for herself. She was thrilled and started looking immediately.

My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from "Titanic")
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from "Titanic")
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Many have song it, but she is the best, 22 Aug 2013
I was on holiday in Malta and this was being played all the time by different people. Celine has avery powerful voice and it suits a song like this. Adele could possibly carry it off and I think she has recorded it. It was possibly the best bit of the film.

Sixteen Reasons
Sixteen Reasons
Price: 0.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Fond Memories, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sixteen Reasons (MP3 Download)
A bit sickly and dated, but I had to hear it again, it was bought for me by my first boyfriend, and we are nearly 70 so you like it or you don't how tastes change

Nabucco, Act III: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves - "Va Pensiero"
Nabucco, Act III: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves - "Va Pensiero"
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars the choir are best I have heard, 22 Aug 2013
This has been a favourite since I was a Child, and I have not been disappointed, the quality of the voices and the recording are really fabulous. I recommend this when stressed you can sing along.

Madama Butterfly, Act II: "Humming Chorus"
Madama Butterfly, Act II: "Humming Chorus"
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best, 22 Aug 2013
This really is lovely and is something you can listen to over and over again, IOt is nice to hear some different pieces from the opera, instead of the usual One Fine Day.

The Impossible Dream
The Impossible Dream
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They certainly had a dream, 22 Aug 2013
. I have got this sung by Alfie Boe, but I like this version as well. I would like to see these young men do something original, but not Rock, stick to classical

Page: 1 | 2 | 3