Profile for Sharpie > Reviews

Ascension Day #1
Ascension Day #1
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Be warned.........., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ascension Day #1 (Kindle Edition)
This book is in two parts; part 1 is a freebie Kindle download and ends a bit like the last episode of a serial on a 'cliff hanger'. Now buy book 2 to see what happens. I quite enjoyed the book which tells the tale of a lawyer trying to save a man on death row. I was a little peeved when I got to the end to find I now needed to buy book 2 to see how it ended. It's not expensive at under 2 but there was a principle involved here. How many books require you to buy book 2 to get an ending (other than Jeffrey Archer?). Was I that much on tenterhooks that I just had to buy it? No.

Beyond A Reasonable Death (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thriller Book 2)
Beyond A Reasonable Death (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thriller Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 20 May 2014
This is the second in the Thaddeus Murfee series but the first I have read. It is an enjoyable book with good characterisation and passed the 'I'll just read one more chapter before turning the light off' test with ease. Other reviewers will describe the general plot and I never really see it as my role to repeat the story in a review. All I can say that is that it gripped me, was entertaining and I immediately bought the first in the series as a result. In my view this second book is actually better than the first, which isn't often the way.

Fireman Sam pyjamas Boys pyjamas (2-3 Years)
Fireman Sam pyjamas Boys pyjamas (2-3 Years)
Offered by ThePyjamaFactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 April 2014
MY grandson is devoted to Fireman Sam and loves these pyjamas. They are well made, keep him warm and have worn extremely well. Not so sure about being woken up at 5 a,m with him holding a toy fire engine next to my ear and make eew-aw noises though.

2 x AM TECH BRASS RADIATOR KEYS KEY BLEEDING AIR DIY BUILDERS HEATING MAINTENANCE
Offered by Inspire Home Uk
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 April 2014
A decent size and strong so you are not fiddling about trying to open or close a sticky valve. Arrived swiftly. Recommended

The Lawyer's Lawyer
The Lawyer's Lawyer
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2014
I am a committed Sheehan fan and have read all his lawyer novels and never been disappointed. Good plot, good characterisation and enjoyable story.

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a page turner......., 28 April 2014
....but it's an easy read especially if you like rock climbing. I suspect that the climbing descriptions are extremely accurate, whilst the police side isn't which I guess isn't a problem if you are a rock climber but not a copper. The next books in the series move away from climbing rocks whilst the police procedures stay a bit woolly. The added bonus of not being a page turner is turning the bedroom light out without having to read 'just one more chapter darling'.

All in all it's a reasonable read which keeps you interested to the end but without ever being on tenterhooks.

The Neon Lawyer - A Legal Thriller
The Neon Lawyer - A Legal Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Mar 2014
I defy anyone reading this book not to identify with the main characters or to eagerly anticipate the conclusion. A real page turner.

Enemy in Blue: The Chase (Book #1) (The Cruz Marquez Thrillers)
Enemy in Blue: The Chase (Book #1) (The Cruz Marquez Thrillers)
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 5 Mar 2014
Not only is this one of the most unlikely plots I've come across (and I've come across a few) but should you actually manage to reach the end of the book the conclusion is far from satisfactory leaving you obliged to buy no.2 in the series if you want to know what happens. Thankfully I could care less.

When a Red Light Shines (Part 1 of the DCI Jack Edgerton series by David Wilson)
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Really awful, 20 Jan 2014
As a retired police officer I'm used to numerous inaccuracies in novels featuring the police. I can usually manage to overlook them if the story is gripping, well written and with a decent plot. Unfortunately this book doesn't score in any of those categories and I cannot believe an ex policeman actually wrote it. Dire doesn't do it justice. I gave up half way through despite having nothing else to read.

14 Compatible Printer ink Cartridges (3 Sets of 4 + 2 Black) For Epson Stylus S22 SX125 SX130 SX420W SX425W SX445W BX305F BX305FW SX230 SX235W SX445W SX435W SX430W SX438W SX440W 5x T1281, 3x T1282, 3x T1283, 3x T1284 (NON-OEM)
Offered by ECS Inks
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Response to feedback, 27 Dec 2013
I previously ordered ink cartridges and completed the feedback section in which I noted that one cartridge had leaked BUT this didn't take away anything from the excellent value for money of my purchase. Today I received a complete replacement of my original order. It has to be said this is excellent customer service particularly as I was perfectly happy with the original order. So five stars for service. I might add as this is a product review after all, that the cartridges work perfectly in my Epson printer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4