Profile for Zoe > Reviews

Ruffian: Burning from the Start
Ruffian: Burning from the Start
by Jane Schwartz

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 3 Feb. 2011
This book is wonderful, one everyone should read. It was a lovely insight into the big filly's life.

Although I already knew the outcome of what was going to happen, Jane Schwartz had a way of giving me hope that tragedy wasn't going to unfold. But alas, as the final chapters came - I wasn't sure I could read through it - I left it for a while, only returning when I plucked up my courage..

Her demise was written tastefully, and as someone said in the reviews printed on the back, 'Ruffian deserves no less.'

Northern Dancer: The Legend and His Legacy (Mainstream Sport)
Northern Dancer: The Legend and His Legacy (Mainstream Sport)
by Muriel Lennox

5.0 out of 5 stars A book everyone should read!, 15 Jan. 2011
This book was so captivativing I couldn't put it down!
The way it's written, it flows so easily - From how Northern Dancer came to be, how he grew up, his acheivements on the track, what ended his career, and his legacy.
If you look at any top thoroughbreds pedigree, almost 99% of them have something in common.. Northern Dancer. This book celebrates what he was - A little horse, with a big heart.

If you love horseracing, or even just horses, then you really should give this book a read.