Profile for Mr. Ryan Nelson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ryan Nelson

Mr. Ryan Nelson (St. Andrews, Scotland)

Colony [ 2013 ] Uncensored & Uncut [ Blu-Ray ] + Extra's
Colony [ 2013 ] Uncensored & Uncut [ Blu-Ray ] + Extra's
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton
Offered by brrsales

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as I expected, 4 Jan. 2014
Once I came across Colony on DVD I looked for a blu ray but alas there are no UK versions. This Dutch release comes with both the native language and English which you can select from a menu during startup. The disc case is ever so slightly thinner than a normal UK one and is transparent which looks great with the silver cover art. On the rear of the case the text is in dutch but the key information is clear to read - audio, running time, etc. Apart from these small differences you wouldn't know it was any different to a UK release.

Picture quality is as good as you'd expect for 1080P nowadays, and no sign of grain in the dark scenes. The 5.1 DTS Master audio is also very good, particularly in scenes where the characters are crossing a creaking bridge which you can hear along with the wind. Sure it isn't the best character role Laurence Fishburne or Bill Paxton have done but if you get past that expectation the film itself is good. Those that have likened it as a cross between 30 Days of Night and Ghost of Mars are not far off. There are some interesting ideas explored in the film in terms of survival post the next ice age but not in any great detail. So to sum up, if you like survival movies with a bit of mild horror mixed in then this is a decent movie and a good quality disc.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 10:14 AM GMT

Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Carpets Good As New!, 4 Jan. 2014
What a great product Vax have made!

I found the machine was a lot simpler to operate than I expected, simply squeeze the trigger while pushing the machine forward to spray shampoo and then release it while pulling back for suction. The carpets I cleaned were 'high traffic' in parts with a few blackened stains which the machine removed completely! Not only do the carpets have their colour restored but the pile is lifted by the brushes giving it some spring back. I was skeptical about how dry the carpets would be after cleaning but the suction is amazing, you can only feel the slightest bit of dampness left behind. This made the process of cleaning the lounge much easier as I was able to move furniture around on to cleaned areas after only 10-15 minutes drying.

Not sure if it says anywhere in the product page but you get a 473ml bottle of Vax Ultra+ Cleaning Solution in the box. The instructions say to mix 40ml of the solution up to 1L with warm water. Consumption seemed quite reasonable, I probably used around 3 quarters of the bottle to do a hall, bedroom, and lounge. A larger 1.5L bottle of Ultra+ on Amazon is only a tenner which I think would last most people for several cleans.

Emptying the water tank is an easy process and I managed to do it without splashing the contents outside of the sink. Of course I was surprised to see what came out of the carpets, even those that had looked visibly clean beforehand! The water tank has a removable filter which is made of a sort of foam like material that you need to run under a tap to clean. As yet I'm not sure how durable the filter will be but I have priced replacements and they are quite cheap (under £10 for 2).

Summary:-

Pros -
* Cheaper than renting a machine after a couple of cleans
* Carpets dry quickly
* Shampoo consumption seems reasonable and solution is cheap to replace
* Light to operate, similar to an upright vacuum.
* Powerful cleaner which removed any stain I put in front of it :)
* Well built and seems simple in design which I always think will equal reliable

Cons -
As yet none found!

Slim Neoprene Cover Case for all Apple Ipad models
Slim Neoprene Cover Case for all Apple Ipad models
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars What more could you need?, 10 Feb. 2013
For a few quid I wasn't expecting much from this product but it's perfectly good quality and a real bargain. If you are looking to carry your iPad around in a bag and don't want anythhing else to brush against it then this keeps it nicely protected. The fit of the sleeve is quite snug but even with my Apple Smart Cover attached to the iPad it still fits.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2015 8:30 AM GMT

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress free summer, 27 Aug. 2012
Great product for dealing with flies of all sizes. Much more effective than the multi-layer wire bats I've bought elsewhere which failed within a few months. Along with my spider catcher this is a great item to have in the arsenal!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only blades to own, 27 Aug. 2012
Bought these to replace the original factory blades on my 2010 VW Golf which were the same Bosch product. Great in all weather and leave the screen completely wiped for maximum visibility. Much cheaper to buy from this seller than my local VW dealer.

Superspray - Hose End Sprayer
Superspray - Hose End Sprayer
Offered by AUTO RAE-CHEM LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for car washing, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Superspray - Hose End Sprayer
I use the Superspray with a foaming car shampoo (Meguiar's Hyperwash) to clear the worst of the dirt off my car before I start with a bucket wash. The 2 dials on the superspray give you control over the water supply and how much shampoo is released from the bottle. I haven't used the spray in any other applications yet but I can imagine it would be useful in cleaning all sorts of things e.g. conservatories, etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Investment, 4 Jun. 2010
This is perfect for anyone who has to work at a desk on a regular basis. I've owned several office chairs in the past but none can compete with this one for ease of adjustment. The price might put some people off but I would think of it as an investment in your health as poor seating posture can cause long-term damage.

Assembly is fairly straight-forward but as others have found the bolting on of the rear section does need a bit of patience to align the bolts up carefully. I found it easier to have someone else hold the chair upside down so I could use both hands to align/tighten the bolts in.