Profile for K. Schneider > Reviews

Content by K. Schneider

K. Schneider (Milton Keynes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
POWER PRAISE MOVES [DVD] [NTSC]
POWER PRAISE MOVES [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Willis Laurette
Offered by Book Depository

5.0 out of 5 stars ... thought this might be either annoyingly American or too easy, but I'm happy to say neither is true, 28 Aug. 2015
I thought this might be either annoyingly American or too easy, but I'm happy to say neither is true. I'd been attending a local Yoga class for a year and enjoyed the poses but thought the meditation and breathing was getting a bit deep for me. I wanted a video with more moves and less "balancing my ying and yang". This fits the bill.
The moves are quite challenging, even more so than my yoga class, I was certainly warm after the warm-up section! In addition I hope the use the opportunity to commit some scripture to memory, something I have always struggled to do. Some of the moves are the same as those in my yoga class but quite a lot are different.

20 MINUTE PRAISE MOVES [DVD] [NTSC]
20 MINUTE PRAISE MOVES [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Willis Laurette
Offered by ARTSnCRAFTS~Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging moves with bible verses., 27 Aug. 2015
I'd recommend this to any Christian who likes yoga but is concerned that yoga is not good for their journey with Christ.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 7:50 PM BST

Let's do Mental Maths for ages 6-7
Let's do Mental Maths for ages 6-7
by Andrew Brodie

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter doesn't like maths, but she enjoys trying this and is ..., 12 July 2015
My daughter doesn't like maths, but she enjoys trying this and is trying to get the book complete. In each test there tends to be about half the questions she can do, 25% she struggles with and 25% she can't do. To my mind that is about right.

The Great British Sewing Bee: Fashion with Fabric
The Great British Sewing Bee: Fashion with Fabric
by Claire-Louise Hardie

2.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes in the pattern., 12 July 2015
Its a beautiful book, lovely pictures and good instructions at the front about how to do basic sewing techniques, but the actual patterns have evidently not been tested.
I made the trousers, adapted from the jumpsuit. Firstly the pattern for the trouser back was completely absent, and secondly the picture of how to lay the pattern pieces for cutting out was wrong for the waistband. Considering the trouser consists only of a trouser front x2 and trouser back x 2 and a waistband this meant 2 out of 3 pieces were incorrect.
I have not tried any other pattern yet but I'm a bit scared to see what other mistakes there may be.
Surely it would have been wise to test each pattern before printing, Mr Publisher?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2015 11:53 AM BST

Twenties Girl
Twenties Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply one of the best books I have read, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Twenties Girl (Kindle Edition)
I laughed, I cried, I read the last 15 chapters in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. All the characters were believable, loveable and 3 dimensional. A quality chick-lit book.

The Messiah Matrix
The Messiah Matrix

2.0 out of 5 stars Got wierder and weirder, 20 Sept. 2012
I bought this as it seemed like an interesting and fun thriller. It is well written but it's the accuracy of the ancient history which ultimately put me off. I actually gave up on it about half way through.
I'm a christian but I was willing to explore the possibility of a different version of events from this period of history and I was enjoying the book. The characters are realistic, the mystery makes you want to know more, but the history went from being interesting to complete rubbish! It got more and more ridiculous.
If you are interested in this period of history do not take this book as factual.It is not.
If you don't care about the history, then you would probably enjoy this book.

Perfect in Ten Pilates: 10-Minute Workouts [DVD] [2006] [NTSC]
Perfect in Ten Pilates: 10-Minute Workouts [DVD] [2006] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Annette Fletcher
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars tough!, 27 Jan. 2012
If you are expecting stretching and lingering poses then you are in for a shock! This is an intensive workout and it works! I dare you to do all 4 10min sections back to back. I can't even complete one (but I'm not very fit)
All the exercises are well shown and described. Brilliant, but not easy.

Iris and Ruby
Iris and Ruby

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read., 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Iris and Ruby (Kindle Edition)
I like books set in foreign lands and this one fits the bill, being set in Cairo. I didn't quite feel like I was there though.
The story is lovely, of a teenage girl trying to find where she fits and a grandmother who keeps dreaming of the past (war time Cairo) worrying that she will soon loose her precious memories to dementia.
The story of her life during the war is gripping and the love story is lovely, I was dying to know how it ended. The modern day love story with the teen was not so interesting.
This is a book I gave up precious sleep-time in order to read, and the story was a memorable one. I recommend it.

Yellowstone Portable Gas Stove - Black
Yellowstone Portable Gas Stove - Black
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 23 Aug. 2011
I didn't look at this item until I was on the campsite. I then discovered you have to push down a lever at the front to get the gas canister to lock into place, but there is a bit of metal in the way preventing this. For the life of me I cannot work out how to get this bit of metal out of the way. The instructions do not mention it. If that bit of metal wasn't there I'm sure it would be fine. V annoying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 5:57 PM GMT

Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Annette Fletcher
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 May 2011
I bought this DVD because I suffer with a lot of tightness in my shoulders and back from my work. This DVD makes it all better!
The stretches are simple and don't require any weird positions and Annette explains everything beautifully. She's not one of those annoyingly bendy people who makes you feel too inadequate either!
After the first 10 min section you want to do the next one. I wish I had time to do it everyday, I'm sure my back would thank me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3