Profile for Norm > Reviews

Popski's Private Army
Popski's Private Army
by Vladimir Peniakoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Popski's Private Army, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Popski's Private Army (Paperback)
Absolutely fascinating book. As a teenager, I sat around the camp fire at Scout Camp listening to some of the tales first hand. This book brought it all to life again. Recommended!

4800MAH 6 CELL HIGH QUALITY REPLACEMENT LAPTOP BATTERY FOR ACER ASPIRE 5520 5920 5920G AS07B31 AS07B41
Offered by Delta Enterprise

3.0 out of 5 stars Replacement battery for Acer laptop, 5 Sep 2013
Seemed to be good at first. But disappointed in short life of battery, now back to having to use computer on mains all the time!

Hitler's Radio War
Hitler's Radio War
by Roger Tidy

2.0 out of 5 stars Hitler's Radio War by Roger Tidy, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Hitler's Radio War (Hardcover)
Interesting as far as it goes. But there is a serious gaping hole in it. I kept asking, "When is the author going to get into the technicalities of transmitters and aerials necessary for the broadcaster to reach the target audiences?" Consequently, although I appreciate that a lot of research has gone into this book, I cannot recommend it, and I think that I am being generous in giving it 2 stars.

PaintShop Pro X4 for Photographers
PaintShop Pro X4 for Photographers
by Ken McMahon

4.0 out of 5 stars PaintShop Pro X4 for Photographers by Ken McMahon, 2 Jun 2013
I have used Paint Shop Pro for many years (since version 3) but the later versions are not quite as intuitive to use so an Instruction Manual is needed. In the latest versions of Paint Shop Pro (since Corel took over) the included book informs what the software can do but not how to do it. This book should be included in with the software. I would recommend it.

Linux Manual
Linux Manual
by Mike Saunders

4.0 out of 5 stars Linux Manual by Mike Saunders, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Linux Manual (Hardcover)
This book was recommended in the letters page of a magazine (though the magazine piece did point out that this book does not use the latest version of Ubuntu as its reference). Never the less, I thought that the major difference would be only in the user interface, and so it has proved. This book has helped a newbie (me) find his way around.

Ubuntu Made Easy: A Project-Based Introduction to Linux
Ubuntu Made Easy: A Project-Based Introduction to Linux
by Rickford Grant

4.0 out of 5 stars Ubuntu Made Easy by Rickford Grant, 2 Jun 2013
I've been threatening to ditch Windoze for years (I swore that I would never upgrade again when I was using Win 98, but I did upgrade to WinXP) and jump to Linux. I ordered a new PC with Ubuntu pre-installed and ordered this book while I was waiting for the PC. When the PC arrived, this book has certainly reduced my learning curve in getting to know the new operating system. Linux systems get upgraded more frequently than Windoze, so I was expecting some differences between this book and the version of Ubuntu on my PC, but the book came so close to what I have on my PC that it has been a considerable help.
I would highly recommend this book to any new convert (like me).

Ultimate Navigation Manual
Ultimate Navigation Manual
by Lyle Brotherton

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Navigation Manual by Lyle Brotherton, 2 Jun 2013
Although I consider myself able to use a map & compass, I am aware that my "skills" fall far short of what they should be, so when I saw this book, I thought that it might help. So far, I've been very pleased with my purchase. I've not yet finished the book but it is certainly coming on holiday with us so that I can further refer to it and apply some of what I have learned.
In my humble opinion, this is a very good book on the subject.

BT Compatible I-Plate Interstitial Plate - ADSL
BT Compatible I-Plate Interstitial Plate - ADSL
Offered by UKStocked

4.0 out of 5 stars I-Plate, 6 Sep 2011
Very glad that I bought this I-plate -- it has made a dramatic difference to our Internet service particularly to access to secure websites. I wish I had found out about it earlier and not just blamed our problems on Talktalk's poor service. Going on to the thinkbroadband website and doing a speed-test and comparing the result with their service map, we are now getting the best that can be expected in this area.

August LP104R Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer for Presentations - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (2xAAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars August LP104 radio-operated slide-changer with laser pointer, 23 Nov 2010
Works a treat. At the price, we are well pleased with it, once we realised that the slide change arrows appeared to work the reverse way around from convention. Our only (minor) complaint concerns the storage case in that the elastic strap, that holds the handset in the case, passes directly over one of the buttons. This could cause the transmitter to be transmitting a slide change signal all the time that the handset is in its case and thus draining the battery. We get around this by taking out the batteries before putting away the handset. This is no hardship as there is a special place in the case for the batteries.

Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital
Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital

4.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann 2850mAh AA size NiMH rechargable Batts, 19 July 2010
I have several sets of these Ansmann AA batteries now for my photo equipment.
I have found nothing else to compare with them. Yes, they do cost a bit more than the competition and they are not always the easiest to find but, in my humble opinion, that is a small price to pay for peace of mind because they last far longer between charges than any other AA rechargeable batteries that I have found.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2010 8:51 PM BST