Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Momentum
Momentum
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?....Utterly Brilliant., 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Momentum (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't aware of Saci Lloyd until my daughter was invited to a 'Young authors future Manchester' type thing at the Science & Industry Museum earlier this year. Out of the three contributing authors, Saci seemed the most mental in a good way! My daughter was hooked and 'kindled' her book straight away, I read it shortly after her and thought it was fantastic. I read the 'Hunger Games' and all of the 'Harry Potters', this is so much better. That statement perhaps needs some qualification....it's very, very clever, superbly written and it grabs you from the start....far better than most of the 'Teen Fiction' that's out there....read it if you're a teenager, buy it if you're a parent, read it then let your kids read it.

KILLING PLATO (The Jack Shepherd International Crime Novels Book 2)
KILLING PLATO (The Jack Shepherd International Crime Novels Book 2)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Read......, 24 Dec 2012
I found out about Jake Needham through an English author that I was 'Twittering' with. He recommended a couple of books and I plumped for 'Killing Plato' and I'm really glad I did. Very well written, great story, the dialogue flows and the main characters are believeable. My guilty secret is that I like Lee Child's books, this book is everything that's good about Reacher, but without the pumped-up testosterone driven sociopathic destruction.....Jack Shepherd could potentially cause as much damage, but with a well timed retort or a witty reposte. Shepherd is a thinking man's Reacher and I look forward to being entertained by the rest of Jake's novels.