Profile for Tristan Martin > Reviews

Content by Tristan Martin

Tristan Martin (Hertfordshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Casual Daypacks, Large Laptop Backpacks by Termichy (Striped Blue)
Casual Daypacks, Large Laptop Backpacks by Termichy (Striped Blue)
Offered by Termichy UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely outer design, not so much on the inside, 27 July 2016
I received this back pack very quickly after placing the order. I really like the outer designed and a few people have commented on how great it looks. However, there are a few issues with this:

- it claims that it could be used for school however, there are only two internal pockets which can be used for a phone and some pens. I really don't think it is big enough to carry more than 3 school books at a time.
- it doesn't have an internal tablet pocket! This is completely necessary these days.
- it is big, but due to the zip design (it opens like an old fashion purse) the space is dramatically reduced.

Overall, I just couldn't justify the price tag (£18) for what you get. There are cheaper, bigger, waterproof back packs with lots of pockets out there

Disclaimer - I received this product for free in exchange for my unbiased review. Casual Daypacks did not attempt to influence this at all.

Argus Le Waterproof 4in1 Multifunction Portable Household Face Brush Facial & Body Cleansing Brush Deep Cleaning Facial Scrubber-Pore Cleansing System-Acne Treatment-Water Blue
Offered by Argus Le & Menton Ezil Limited.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd definitely recommend this product, 27 July 2016
After having tried this brush for over four weeks, I can report that it works really well on my daughter's skin who has a condition called keratosis pilaris. Basically, she has little acne-type bumps on her face and upper arms. This condition is caused by an excess of keratin on the outer layer of the skin, which gets the pores blocked. Anyway, one of the recommendations from the doctor is to exfoliate regularly, which is where this brush comes in.

My daughter is only 3 years old and doesn't mind the use of the small brush on her face and the larger brush on her arms. Her skin has improved and it feels slightly softer. The bumps are still there as exfoliation just helps the condition, rather than actually cure it.

My wife has also tried the pumice stone on her feet but finds it a bit ticklish. She has soft skin on her feet, so it is difficult to judge if there is any difference at all.

I'd definitely recommend this product, particularly because it is cheaper than purchasing various exfoliating creams that will give you the same result.

Disclaimer - I was sent this product for free in exchange for my unbiased review. Argus Le has absolutely not made any attempt to influence this.

Vodafone Smart Mini Pay As You Go Smartphone - Black
Vodafone Smart Mini Pay As You Go Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very cheap, light smartphone. I would say it is perfect as a first phone for a teenager or as a phone for an older relative who struggles with new technology, as it has the basics of a smartphone without the price tag.

It is very easy to set up. It literally took 3 minutes. It comes with a £15 top up voucher for Vodafone. It might be worth contacting Vodafone about their different bundles as this one may not suit your needs.

The camera is only 2MP, which is really low compared to other phones that I've had (iPhone, Samsung S7) but, again, for the price tag, I don't think you can expect much more than this.

I particularly like the possibility of adding a memory card to expand the memory. I have always hated the fact that you always have to delete photos and apps on the iPhone to create some space, so this is a great benefit.

Another benefit of having a low spec phone is the battery life. I didn't have to charge it at all for 3 days using it regularly.

In summary, this phone is for you if you need an emergency phone or you are just not into the smartphone craze with the latest specifications. In my days (and I'm just in my early 40s), you could never have bought a phone with so many benefits for £35.

ScotchBlue Pre-Taped Masking Film in Dispenser Large 2,720 mm x 17 m Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for DIY novices, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now, my wife never lets me do any painting, mainly because I always seem to find that very small gap between sheets, newspapers, etc., and spill some paint on the carpet!

Now, this is great for guys like me. It's very easy to use - you just need to take some of the sello tape and start sticking it to the wall. The film works exactly like cling film so it just adheres to the surface you are trying to cover. A word of advice, don't try to cover the whole room/wall/door in one go. Start by taking the tape out and unfold it as you go along. This way, you don't end up with a lot of film clinging to your body.

This is definitely much better than regular plastic sheets, but they are a bit more expensive. All in all, a great investment if you want to protect your carpet and furniture and you are not very careful!

Post-it Command 58.4x50.8 cm Refill for Self-Stick Wall Pad - Plain White
Post-it Command 58.4x50.8 cm Refill for Self-Stick Wall Pad - Plain White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for children's activities, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm always struggling to find big enough paper for my 3 year old daughter to colour, paint, etc. This set of two blocks of 20 sheets has come in really handy for this purpose.

You have two options: you can stick the whole block on the wall or an individual page. The individual page has stayed stuck to the wall for three days now and it doesn't show any signs of it coming down on its own. Equally, when I removed a different page, there was no damage to the wall at all.

Having been at many meetings with flip charts, we have been using this kind of blocks to make it easy to share ideas. I will definitely recommend this brand to our stationery people.

Verbatim 44404 Bluetooth Speaker
Verbatim 44404 Bluetooth Speaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty average, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mini speaker works well with Spotify and Amazon Music. I haven't tried with any other streaming services.

The sound is pretty average, which is what you would expect from any speaker of this size. It looks very nice and it doesn't occupy a lot of space.

The reason for only giving 3 starts is that it seems expensive for what it is. You can purchase a larger speaker with disco lights included for a similar price. And the sound quality is pretty similar.

So it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for mobility and average sound, this is fine. If you are looking to use at a party, a bigger, and potentially more expensive speaker would be better.

PBPBOX Photo Booth 59-Piece Novelty Photo Booth Props Kit for Parties, Fun Group Photos, Etc.
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 17 July 2016
My wife and three year old daughter have spent a few afternoons playing with this for hours!

This photo booth set comes in a very well designed box with 59 cardboard items: sunglasses, hats, lips, moustaches, etc. It also includes enough sticks and double-sided stickers. We have used them for a couple of weeks and they do stay stuck on with no problem.

At this price, it is absolutely a bargain! I'm planning to get this as a present for our 9 year old niece. I'm sure she will love it!

Popband Ponytail Holders, Tie Dye
Popband Ponytail Holders, Tie Dye

4.0 out of 5 stars These are really cool if a bit expensive, 17 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife really likes these hair bands. It has definitely reduce the amount of hair that comes off when she takes the hair band off. She tries to wear her hair down but soon gives up, so she always carries a hair band on her wrist. These ones definitely look s lot more stylish on her wrist than a regular hair band. They also hold the hair very well in a ponytail.

However, the claim about not leaving a kink in the hair is not true and they are a bit expensive, hence 4 stars.

XFH Plug in Night Light LED Motion Activated Sensor Wireless Charging Nite lights Emergency Flashlight with Built-in Battery and Sensor 3-in-1 (White)
Offered by XFH

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with this, 15 July 2016
I have a 3 year old daughter who is now waking up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, so when I saw this lamp, I was looking forward to receiving it.

It worked for one night only, so I am very disappointed. I'm not sure why as I followed the brief instructions, but I have an idea as to why: the unit is far too wide to be plugged in properly in any socket which has a power on/off switch.

I have also tried plugging it on a extension lead to avoid the issue mentioned above, but the lamp won't turn on at all. Perhaps as it wasn't charged properly for the first time, the unit is now defunct.

I received this product free of charge in exchange for an unbiased review. The seller has made no attempt to influence this review.

Thomas & Friends: Engines to the Rescue! Magnet Book
Thomas & Friends: Engines to the Rescue! Magnet Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 14 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book from Thomas the Tank was very well received by a 4 year old boy this week. To be fair, he loves anything with trains and Thomas the Tank.

It is a hard back book with 10 magnetic trains to stick on the different pages. The story is very short, but you can add to the story as you read it, describing what else could be happening on each scene.

It's definitely not a story time book, but it works very well with little boys with great imagination.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20