ARRAY(0xac3658b8)

WECCAN APP Controller Helicopter
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 27 Dec 2013
This is such a great little toy, its very powerful; we have a Syma Gyro helicopter as well and I'm happy to say Im glad I bought this one. Its extremely sturdy too, its fallen onto tiled floors many times and the blades have hit into walls, doors and all sorts. Whilst this says more about my flying abilities (or lack of) it also says a lot for the durability of the helicopter.

The app is basic, but well thought out. I've used it on both an iPad and iPhone and whilst on the iPad its stuck in portrait mode until entering flight mode, the iPhone app is great and i find it easier to fly with.

The one fault i have and this is more about the company that make it, but you should consider before buying is that I can't find out where to buy spare parts and no spare parts are supplied with the helicopter. With the syma helicopter it came with spare parts and you can buy virtually the entire helicopter worth of parts from amazon. But with the iSpace i767, I can't find parts anywhere. I've compared the blades between the two helicopters and they are somewhat larger on the soma, but I'm hoping that they will work all the same as the patent/engineering behind the two is identical.

I highly recommend it regardless.

Large Ortho-PEDIC Hypo Allergenic Traditional Shape Memory Foam Pillow 70x40 Ultimate Comfort by zonnix uk
Offered by Foam 2 Go
Price: 18.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 12 Jun 2013
There were some reviews stating that the pillow smells horrible. Its true it does have a strong smell straight out of the bag, but this quickly goes and if you leave the pillow (as instructed to) for a few days to 'plump up' the smell should, for the most part, be gone by then. The pillow does plump up nicely when you leave it for a few days when first purchased. However, its down hill from there, the pillow I received offers no support at all. I only bought the pillow because it was cheap and my current one has gone completely flat, I don't suffer from any back pains and didnt see the need to buy a fancy/expensive pillow. The bed we have is a memory foam mattress which is lovely so I figured Id get a similar type pillow. When ever I use it, within about 10 minutes my head is almost touching the mattress and the pillow has become little thicker than a pizza box, which results in me getting pins and needles down my arm and a poor nights sleep.

Waste of money as I no longer use the pillow.

The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book
The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book
by Dee Blick
Price: 15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninspirational, 23 Mar 2013
This book is full of mostly nonsense that was relevant back in the 80s and 90s for large corporates. It fails to address that marketing is simply interacting with people, instead it misleads you to think its a super sexy, secret and powerful method of mind controlling your customers to part with there cash.

If you want dated marketing techniques, poor brand representation and ultimately a poor customer experience, then this is the book for you!

If your looking to make your customer interaction and experience so awesome that they trust your brand enough to buy from you and share that experience via word of mouth with their highly relevant and already targeted circle of friends, then do not buy this book!

It's a boring read, with no personality I felt I was reading the biography of a double glazing sales man, full of 'key' words and lacking in any real valuable content.

In fact you should buy this book to see how failing businesses from the last 30 years view marketing and avoid doing anything she advises in it, that's if you can claw your way through all 370+ pages!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 8:57 PM GMT

Maxsima - 52mm UV LENS Filter Protector for Nikon 18-55mm, 55-200mm D40, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D7000, D90, D600, D800 - 50mm f1.4, f1.8 or any lens with a 52mm front thread, i.e. Canon, Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, Leica, Panasonic, Pentax etc
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 24 Sep 2012
Not really much I can say about the product, other than it came packaged really nicely and fits wonderfully on my lenses; its sturdy and made from metal not plastic which is good. Theres no noticable effect on image quality so will help protect my lenses nicely. I've bought another one to go on my other lens and will be buying more in the future as my collection of lenses grows as well.

Very happy with this!

Transcend All-in-1 Multi-Card Reader Device (SDHC/SDXC/MSXC USB 3.0) Black
Transcend All-in-1 Multi-Card Reader Device (SDHC/SDXC/MSXC USB 3.0) Black
Price: 11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 24 Sep 2012
I bought this to read my SD cards from my DSLR, they're class 10 and are said to reach speeds of 95/mbs (no idea if they actually do but they cost enough and they seem fast) I wanted something that would help transfer my large photos from my camera it the same sort of speed. With the help of this very tiny device it transfered from SD to PC over 180 high quality and large photos in seconds.

Really impressed with it.

Mine keeps trying to commit suicide by throwing itself off the table every now and again, this is because the USB cable it comes with is heavier than the actual unit, so now it just hangs off of the USB port ;)

Nikon Compatible AH-4 Leather Hand Grip for Nikon D1, D2x, D3, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D700, D800, D800E, D3000, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good just annoying to set up., 24 Sep 2012
Its a really good product; connects nicely to the camera via the tripod mount but still allows you to screw a mount into it so you can still use a tripod even with the grip connected. It also uses one of the side hoops, so your probably not going to be able to have this and a neck strap (although both would be overkill anyway). It makes the camera feel secure in your hand, it also takes off some of the pressure off of holding the camera as you dont have to grip it so firmly.

The annoying part about the product was setting it up (loss of 1 star) there are no instructions and all you have to go by is a small photo.

It took me about 10 minutes to set it up, which isnt a vast amount of time but those 10 minutes were full of frustration and a fair few select words! Simple instructions would have been nice! Even now I don't know if I've got it on right, but im not altering it because im just not that brave :D

Ex-Pro Professional Table Tripod ( Maximum Height: 230mm / Minimum Height: 180mm), Spirit Level, 3 Way Head pan and tilt, Suitable for table top studio photography, Light Tents. Includes Carry bag.
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 8.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly rubish!, 24 Sep 2012
If you own a DSLR camera, then this tripod is of little use to you. Mine refuses to stand up straight even with no camera attached, I've tried it on different surfaces to see if it would grip but nothing seems to work, even failed on carpet. When tightening the legs etc they can still easily be moved so are never truly locked in position. When I attached my DSLR to it, it was laughable I had to catch it every few seconds. Works ok for a very light compact digital camera (point and shoot kind) but otherwise its rubbish.

Waste of money.

101 Essential Tips: Bonsai
101 Essential Tips: Bonsai
by Harry Tomlinson
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitesize in both information and actual size., 17 Sep 2012
This small book is packed with useful information about Keeping and shaping a Bonsai tree all in easy to understand bitesized chunks. If like me however your buying this to find out more about re-potting and the purpose of it (its something ive not done before) then your be disapointed as there is no mention of it in the book. Its mostly about reshaping, growing and the types of tree etc. All in all still a good book hense the 5 stars, just doesnt have the information in it that I wanted it for.

TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
Offered by Best Digital Market
Price: 157.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device with minor issues, 5 July 2012
The TomTom Start 60 is a great Satnav. The build quality is strong and the operation of the device is simple and straight forward, no buttons or menus where there need not be one. So far so good! The device it self is bigger than I expected, at first It was almost laughable. My girlfriends sat nav fits within the viewable area of this, with room to spare! However once I started to use it, I soon realised the benefits of having such a large screen, firstly you dont have to attach a magnify glass to your face just to see the instructions and secondly the buttons are large and the screen is so responsive that the two combined make for a great user experience. When acquiring a signal its extremely fast, were talking a few seconds. However this is likely due to my location and could be different for you. However its ability to reroute should I ignore its directions or take a wrong turn are equally as quick. The voice instructions are clear and if set to the Serena voice, it will even read out road names which is a huge benefit. Its a real joy to use and this is why its earnt 4 stars from me.

However I am left feeling that they could have done more, theres a general feeling with the software that the bare minimum was done and for such a premium brand in the sat nav world, that just isn't acceptable. Therefor it lost its 5th star.

My gripes, if you could call them that; with the TomTom is that there are certain features and functions that arent really to the high standard you would expect from such a brand/device. For example the address database is not only out of date, but also patchy. For example there are some small culdesacs around where I live that have been here for around 10 years, yet arent present on the map. Yet some that are around 5 years old, are present. Secondly streets that have had the same number of houses on, with the same numbering structure for well over 60 years, all of sudden are missing numbers. A good example of this is the street where my Gran has lived for 30+ years, her house number isn't recognised, yet her neighbours are. Maybe Tomtom just doesn't want me visiting my Gran, either way this over sight / poor quality control of their maps really shouldnt be this way, as some of their higher range devices (that use the same maps) can cost around 300. Im often having to enter addresses that are near to the one I want, rather than to the door step of the address I do want. Secondly when entering an address as a favorite, your forced to add a house number and there is no option to add a business address instead. You can of course not add anything, but again this goes back to my original point, that it will take you close to the location you want and not straight to the door step. (rather annoying) you can of course alter/ amend your maps, or pick a location from the map it self. However my girlfriends sat nav which is using a map thats 4 years old, has the full addresses available and all the house numbers (apart from the new builds).

A second annoyance is the highly aclaimed and advertised advanced lane guidance. This is an awesome feature to have and works wonders. However you need to bare in mind that it will 'only' work for major motorways. This is annoying because they could have so easily extended this to include large roundabouts/junctions etc, which is a common point of stress for most drivers. Its also worth pointing out that it doesnt have all of the junctions on major motorways set for this and again really highlights my point about the bare minimum standard of their software.

Another minor annoyance for the Tomtom start 60, is the maximum volume, it's just not that loud. Its hearable, but im left feeling that they could have increased it more. This is the general feeling with the entire Tomtom experience for me. Im constantly left feeling that they've done the bare minimum with their service and device and that if they had just gone that extra mile this would be a full 5 start device.

The biggest annoyance for me with my TomTom Start 60, is rather oddly, not the device it self but with their computer software. They have three versions, TomTom Home, TomTom Home v2 and My Tomtom. TomTom Home is the one they advertise you to download and it has some cool features like route planner etc. However you actually need to download the MyTomTom application to use things like the map updates and other services. I spent many hours trying to get the TomTom Home software to recognise my connected device but it refused, I went on to their support forums and found that you actually need the TomTom Home v2 software for a Start 60.. So in Total their are 3 software options and only the MyTomTom application is the one you actually need. Needlessly making you jump through multiple hoops.

A feature that is lacking from the device is the ability to add a pin code to it. My girlfriends satnav which is nearing 4 years old has this feature and is from a lesser brand. Yet its excluded from my TomTom. If your Satnav were stolen, they'd have your house address, family member addresses, work address etc... A simple pin code would help secure this information. Such a simple feature yet such a massive over sight.

Overall as i've stated these are minor annoyances, had I paid more for the device id probably be a bit more disapointed with it. But like I said, hardware wise the device is faultless and the screen and interface design is beautiful. Its just the software element that seems to be dragging its feet. Its also worth mentioning that the start 60 does NOT come with live services, nor is it able to recieve them should you purchase them, which was another reason I chose the start 60. The live services are 50 a year, which to me was extremely off putting! When a TMC traffic reciever cable that does the same job, will cost you a one off 25 (and it acts as a car charger).

If you interested the TMC-RDS traffic receiver v2 is the cable I bought and works great with my Start 60!
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 7:03 AM GMT

HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard
HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 7 Sep 2011
Light weight and great quality keyboard. It uses 2 AA batterys, but these apear to last a considerable amount of time. I had a small issue realising how to turn it on, but thankfully they had a green LED light at the back of the bottom of the keyboard to show when its on. It also have customised buttons purely for the touchpad which give you full control over the device.

Very happy with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2012 9:46 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4