Profile for Finance professional > Reviews

Content by Finance profes...

Finance professional

Page: 1 | 2
2 x MINI Fogger (smoke bomb) Spider, Flea, Bed Bug /BedBug & Cockroach killer
2 x MINI Fogger (smoke bomb) Spider, Flea, Bed Bug /BedBug & Cockroach killer
Offered by Amour Homestores & Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars No more spiders in my shed, 19 April 2013
I had two sheds infested with spiders. I used these. Now there are no more spiders in my sheds .

Bayer Garden Long Lasting Clear Ground (6 Sachets)
Bayer Garden Long Lasting Clear Ground (6 Sachets)
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggles to dissolve in cold weather - i prefer the sachets, 19 April 2013
I've purchased this twice (the second time by accident). I find that the product doesn't dissolve very well. It seems to get worse with cold weather. Because the granules dont dissolve, they block up the holes in the watering can hose, which is a nightmare.

In the recent cold snap I had to use warm water and a lot of stirring to get the product close to dissolving. I also happened to have a similar product that came in sachets (rather than these dissolvable plastic bag thingys) and this dissolved much better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, function & quality for the price - I'm on my 4th or 5th one!, 19 April 2013
I work in an office where lots of people have very expensive watches, I find these are a great antidote. Im on my 4th or 5th now. Its not just the understated style though, the watch has all the functions you need (stopwatch, light, alarm, etc) and because of the price you don't care if you scratch it (or lose it whilst drunk!). I find they tend to last for a couple of years before the edge of the face starts to show a bit of ageing (a gold coloured metal starts to show through, but its only noticeable to the wearer) and about four years before something breaks (usually the bit where the strap meets the face). For the price, I think that is amazing.

My family even got one engraved for me for my 30th birthday - I suspect the engraving cost more than the watch!

Dark Pools: The rise of A.I. trading machines and the looming threat to Wall Street

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting content makes it worth putting up with the poor writing, 13 Dec. 2012
It might sound strange saying this about a book on financial markets, but I found the book a real page turner. It was also very thought provoking. I'm glad I read it.

That said, the structure of the book is rather confusing. There is a narrative in there somewhere I'm sure, but it reads just like a series of (admittedly interesting) anecdotes. There are also some sections towards the end that read suspiciously like there were just inserted to get the page count up (the section on 'big data' for example). I also noticed the style of writing was a lot more tabloid than in his previous book (The Quants - which I really enjoyed). This isn't to my personal taste.

That said, it's a fascinating topic, so he gets away with the above flaws in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2