Profile for T. Couchman > Reviews

Content by T. Couchman

T. Couchman "thomascouchman" (UK)

Black (PS2)
Black (PS2)
Offered by Digitalville UK
Price: 10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PS2 shooter but too short, 9 Jan 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Black (PS2) (Video Game)
Perfect game if like me you enjoy running around shooting hell out of everything that moves and not having to worry too much about anything else.

Graphics and sound are the best ive seen/heard on any ps2 game and really show what this console can do.

Game is upsettingly short in terms of levels but some levels can take you quite a while to finish. Gameplay doesnt vary a great deal, id have liked a couple of sniper/covert missions but what there is is very good. the only real differences between the difficulty levels seems to be the number of hidden items you have to find which are not really that difficult to find. just be sure youve found them all in each part of the level before you get to the next checkpoint as you cant always backtrack to go looking once youve reached it. a little notice comes up at the start telling you how many are in each part though so it shouldnt be that hard.
the game does become rather easy once the M16A2 and unlimited ammo are unlocked but is still a lot of fun.

love this game so much ive completed it, sold it and then bought it again as there isnt any shooter to compare to Black on the PS2 in my eyes.

Bluetooth Active Headphones S9 (UK, EU) (UK, EU)
Bluetooth Active Headphones S9 (UK, EU) (UK, EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round, 8 Jan 2008
upgraded to these after buying a cheaper nokia pair and wish I'd got these first. perfect sound quality, comfortable and good battery life.

For those complaining of low volume I suggest it is a fault with your equipment not these headphones. I use these paired with my sony ericsson w850 and they are plenty loud enough before getting anywhere close to full volume.
If they sound too low try using them with something else to prove the fault before complaining about the headphones. oh and make sure your device is turned up enough, easy mistake to make.

Have used these in the gym and they are excellent there also, had no problems with sweat etc. if you sweat enough to damage them then i suggest you see a doctor.

Overall these are a great bit of kit, best thing motorola have ever made in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2009 12:56 PM BST

iRiver H10 6GB Colour Digital Music Player (Neo Silver)
iRiver H10 6GB Colour Digital Music Player (Neo Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ipod mini, 12 Jun 2006
Just received this as a replacement for my 6gb ipod mini and so far im very impressed. very easy to use and sound quality much better than the ipod in my opinion.

We Don't Need To Whisper
We Don't Need To Whisper
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 9.18

4.0 out of 5 stars The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, 5 Jun 2006
I hadnt heard any of the hype before this album was released so I went in with an open mind and Im glad I did.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts is certainly a phrase which applies to this album, its its own little world. Best way to listen is laying on your bed with your eyes closed, let it surround you and get inside your head.

Musically and vocally nothing like blink but then thats not necessarily a bad thing. if your a fan of blink then dont expect this to be blink mark II because it isnt.

Bad Taste [1989] [DVD]
Bad Taste [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Potter
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 21 Feb 2003
This review is from: Bad Taste [1989] [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is pure unadulterated FUN!!!!!
Its the first outing from fantastic director Peter Jackson and its obvious right from the start that he was destined for greatness! His great sense of humour shines through and is plastered all over this film. He also does a top job playin the slightly deranged Derek as well. I have to remind myself that it is actually him in this film, he does look very different now!
Now the special effects may not be top draw, the acting aint all that either but it doesnt really matter as the film doesnt take itself too seriously. No matter how many times I see it, I still find the bit where tries to jump the fence at the beginning hilarious.
All I can say is buy this film because its a classic!

The Frighteners [DVD] [1997]
The Frighteners [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Michael J. Fox
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Jackson does it again, 21 Feb 2003
This review is from: The Frighteners [DVD] [1997] (DVD)
I bought this film purely because its directed by Peter Jackson and he did not disappoint one bit. The man is pure genius an I love every one of his films. Hopefully becoming a household name due to lord of the rings wont affect him and turn him into another hollywood luvvy.
Although the plot (serial killer continues his murders from beyond the grave) may not be totally original, the style and humour with which its done lifts it above the rest.
Another great plus for this film was Michael J Fox. His performance was great, by far the best i've seen from him. The rest of the cast do a decent job, nice to see Mr Combs again too!
This film really does deserve more exposure cus its brill. when I find films like this I feel like running up to people in the street and telling them to go and buy it and see what a decent film is like!
In closing I'd like to say once again that this film is great, you will not be disappointed if you buy it (which I strongly urge you to do)

Static Prevails
Static Prevails
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 22 July 2002
This review is from: Static Prevails (Audio CD)
Ive kinda done things in reverse with Jimmy Eat world, buying Bleed American first after hearing Sweetness on Kerrang TV. Now that album is absolutely suberb so I was looking forward to getting my ears on the other 2 albums. But I've been slightly disappointed I'm afraid. The songs are nowhere near as catchy and infectious as the ones off Bleed American. Maybe after a few more listens it'll grow on me but on first few listens im afraid it does let u down, possibly due to me listening to their best album first and my expectations being too high. Worth a listen though.